Chapter 3: Hotel Obsidian

Steady, As She Goes
~ The Raconteurs

"Well, here we go again
You've found yourself a friend that knows you well
But no matter what you do
You'll always feel as though you tripped and fell
So steady as she goes

When you have completed what you thought you had to do
And your blood's depleted to the point of stable glue
Then you'll get along
And then you'll get along"

When you have completed what you thought you had to doAnd your blood's depleted to the point of stable glueThen you'll get alongAnd then you'll get along"

CHAPTER 3: HOTEL OBSIDIAN

        "What are we doing?" Allison questioned from her spot in front of the group. They were taking a walk in the park, something Nadine hadn't done in a long time. It was nice.

        Back when it was just her and Wren, they used to take walks all the time. She loved this area of the City. The trees, flowers, plants. It was the closest she could get to the forest here. The witch walked beside Vanya and directly behind Five.

        "Ruminating." The boy answered his sister.

        "Why's everyone staring at us?" Klaus asked in an anxious voice. Nadine hadn't taken notice, she was too focused on the situation at hand. The Sparrows know her. She was adopted by Hargreeves in this reality. They looked surprised to see her again. One question stuck at the forefront of her mind.

        What happened to me here?

        "Because we look like the damn Village People just lost a fight." Diego responded snarkily, turning around and grabbing the hat off Klaus' head. The man reached up to grab it. "Gimme that. Hey." The brothers fought over it for a second before Klaus gave up.

        "Okay. You know what? I need to go find Claire. I will catch up with you guys later." Allison spoke with authority, starting to walk away.

        "Hey, no, Allison. First, let's get somewhere safe, clean up those cuts, and then we'll go find her." Vanya reasoned. After a few seconds the sister nodded, giving in.

        "Man, I hate those guys."

        Nadine followed Luther's line of sight to see the giant posters of the Sparrows hanging up on the side of buildings.

        Luther continued talking but she didn't listen. A smaller, but still pretty large, one caught her attention. It was Sloane and — what looked like — her?

        "Woah."

        The others took notice, their eyes narrowing to look in between the picture and her.