Chapter 7: Missing Cows & Lobsters

All My Life
~ Foo Fighters

"Hey, don't let it go to waste, I love it but I hate the taste
Weight keepin' me down

All my life, I've been searching for something
Something never comes, never leads to nothing
Nothing satisfies but I'm getting close
Closer to the prize at the end of the rope

All night long, I dream of the day
When it comes around and it's taken away
Leaves me with the feeling that I feel the most
Feel it come to life when I see your ghost"

All night long, I dream of the dayWhen it comes around and it's taken awayLeaves me with the feeling that I feel the mostFeel it come to life when I see your ghost"

CHAPTER 7: MISSING COWS & LOBSTERS

        "Smells like dirt." Nadine spoke, rolling her window up.

        She opened her car door and stepped out, feeling incredibly strange looking. Kids ran past them in groups wearing modest dresses with aprons. The boys had pale hats, long sleeved white shirts, pants and vests. The girl looked down at her "revealing" clothes, a feeling of awkwardness creeping up on her.

        "Son of a bitch! Klaus is Amish." Five commented in shock, closing his and Nadine's doors while he got out of the car as well. Klaus met them around on their side and chuckled. "This explains everything." He stated with a smile.

        "How does this explain anything?" Five questioned, a humorous smile adorning his face.

        "Because look! Look at this place! This is everything my childhood was missing." The man responded, making Nadine grimace. "Oh, yeah. Skinning your own meat and scooping cow patties. Sounds delightful." She remarked sarcastically.

        "Hey, uh, Klaus?" Five took off towards his brother and stopped him. "Wait up a minute. Doppelgänger check. You feel anything strange? Uh, itching, sweats, gas, anything like that?" The boy questioned. Nadine smirked.

        "Don't forget the homicidal rage."

        He nodded towards her in agreement but Klaus shook his head. "No. No, I feel great. Apart from the old rash on the tackle, but what can you do?"

        Nadine scrunched her face up and shared a look with Five. "Uh, ointment? Go to a doctor? Literally anything?" She suggested as Klaus started walking away from them.

        "All right, good luck." The boy stated. Klaus spun around, finally realizing that they weren't following him. "What? Wait, you're not coming?"

        Five squinted his eyes, the sun burning them. "This one you gotta do alone." He answered, making his brother sigh. "Alone? Yeah, okay. Yeah, I can do that, sure." Nadine felt guilt creep into her chest at the face Klaus sent them but knew she couldn't go in there. This was up to him.