Chapter 17: Don't Shake The Bees

Cherry Waves
~ Deftones

"The waves suck you in then you drown
If like, you'd just stay down with me
I'll swim down with you
Is that what you want?
You"

"The waves suck you in then you drownIf like, you'd just stay down with meI'll swim down with youIs that what you want?You"

CHAPTER 17: DON'T SHAKE THE BEES

        "I can't believe I passed out again." Nadine pinched her nose and squinted. The dizziness was gone but even after her short rest, it left an onslaught of drowsiness and a headache that spanned the entirety of her forehead.

        "Here," the couch moved as Five sat down beside her, handing her some Advil and a water, "take these. Drink the rest of the glass when you're done." The girl rolled her eyes at his words. "Bossy," she whispered.

        He ignored her words and watched as she downed the pills, finishing off the water after.

        Nadine blinked, like she was trying to remember something. Her eyes stared at the wall in front of them. "What's wrong?" Five questioned, tilting his body to view her better.

        "I had the strangest dream, but I can't remember anything. I just know how I felt: hurt and alone."

        The boy lifted an eyebrow at his soulmates words and leaned forward with his elbows propped up on his knees, his hand going to his chin. He hummed in thought, making Nadine break her staring contest with the wall and turn to him. "What?"

        "Nothing, just, most people don't dream when they're knocked unconscious."

        "Well most people aren't a witch."

        Five hummed again before nodding and standing up. "Yeah. Anyway, come on. We have work to do," he looked at her with a reproachful expression, "and try not to pass out."

        The girl groaned and stuck one of her hands out at him. "Please, no. Relaxation. A break. Anything."

        Five grinned at her and reached for her hand, grabbing it and helping her up. "Come on, drama queen."

        He led her to the bar across the room and nodded at Lila and Allison, who sat on and beside it. "We're ready," the boy spoke. Nadine stumbled slightly when he stopped moving, not prepared for standing up after the short time she was asleep. Five shook his head and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, to help her stay up.

        Yeah, just to help her stay up.

        The women stood, walking past them and into the basement. Five looked down at his soulmate and gave her a questioning look, as if to ask you ready? She gave him a single nod as they followed after them.