Chapter 6: Giant Ball of Twine

Green Eyes
~ Wavves

"Green eyes, I'd run away with you
Green eyes, 'cause I'm a fool
I try running away

I'm just not fast enough

My, my own friends hate my guts
So what? Who gives a fuck?

Green eyes, I'd run away with you
Green eyes, 'cause I'm a fool
I try staying awake"

Green eyes, I'd run away with youGreen eyes, 'cause I'm a foolI try staying awake"

CHAPTER 6: GIANT BALL OF TWINE

        "Hey. What do you guys say we all get outta here, huh?" Klaus asked once he stood in front of the two. Five rolled his eyes and glanced around the hotel, trying to figure out what caused the power surge. "Take a little... road trip." Klaus added.

        The boy turned to him with an eyebrow raised and then walked them towards the buffet. "What're you talking about?" Five asked. He grabbed a plate for himself and Nadine, handing it to her.

        "I'm talking about a sojourn to the countryside. You, me, and Nady, the wind in our hair. Thelma and Louise on the open road." Klaus convinced, following after them as they looked at what the buffet had to offer.

        "What am I? Their scarves?" Nadine asked with furrowed eyebrows. "You already decided to come when I first asked, little star. You're a doer. My brother is not. I'm trynna convince him, not you." Klaus answered her and she shrugged in agreement.

        "You know they die in the end, right?" Five chuckled.

        "Holding hands, living our best life, my little cherub!" When the boy didn't respond, Klaus bent down towards their ears. "Listen to me. I nearly died from Luther's sleep farts last night. We need to get out of here, get some fresh air!"

        Nadine chuckled at the man, grabbing some toast and turkey bacon. They headed towards one of the tables but Five turned around with a dry grin. "Okay, I'll bite. Why me, Klaus?" The boy asked.

       "Because you said... you said you're retired, and that's what retired people do. And don't you deserve some fun?" Klaus answered. Five turned towards the fish tank and narrowed his eyes while Nadine grinned playfully.

        "Oh, do you not think we were having fun before this?"

        The man contorted his face and faked a gag at her response.

        "There's no lobsters."

        They looked over at Five who spoke. "Excuse me?" Klaus asked. Five sighed, looking confused. "There were three lobsters in that tank a minute ago."