Twenty-Eight

It was Rose's turn to watch the weather, to find out if there were any changes. The change of pace to the day was heaven; giving her more time to think of a plan for her and Lily to do tomorrow. One that would induce bonding. Cards are out. She thought.

Rose began tapping on the ground with her mind turning blank.

"What would Lily like to do. What would Lily like to do..." She muttered over and over again.

"Hmm. Well, I know she doesn't like being outside, but maybe I can help her with that, it would be an amazing thing to bond over again if I could get her to not hate being outside. Oooh, Also! I could take her into the plant room, show her all that's there, get her to help me and pick any fruits she wants that we could snack on later out here!" She continued her thoughts out loud.

The inspiration hit Rose like a truck. Caught in the strong headlights of ideas to flood straight into her soul.

"That would be an amazing day. Very memorable; it would get Lily involved in what her and John were up to, which would please Lily. While also giving them time to come together and get to know each other again." Slapping her hands together from excitement Rose sat with a humongous smile staring out at the sky.

The weather hadn't changed from when she had first gone up there. It had been three hours of sitting, watching, waiting for something to happen. It reminded Rose so much of watching paint dry. After the three hours had passed, Rose stood standing on her tiptoes to stretch out as big as she could. She felt extremely stiff from not moving for hours.

Grabbing the book, they had been using; Rose made her way down into the bunker, she needed something else to do other than just sitting and staring. She sat down revelling in there not being as much light down in the bunker, the sun was becoming blinding. She hadn't realised just how much her eyes had begun hurting when she was up there. Rose thought it best that she gets some water.

She knew that there wasn't too much time left before John takes over. Rose kept on reminding herself. After finishing the glass, she grabbed a towel, dampening it before heading back to her spot.

"This should help." She said to herself, putting the towel over her forehead she removed any of her hair from beneath it. Rose was hoping that it would prevent her from getting a headache completely. It would keep her cool as well.

In the blink of an eye, John was sitting next to her. Nearly screaming in shock, Rose held her hand over her heart as if that would stop it from pumping so hard.

"You scared me." She laughed to him.

"You scare so easily." He teased back.

"I thought you might want some company. It can start feeling a bit lonely up here after a while."

"Mmm, I can see that; it's a great view. But after a while I can see how it could become boring."

"You are soo bored!" John laughed out. Rose was not able to hide much from John anymore, they had been spending so much time together now that it became second nature to know what each of them were thinking.

"Mayybe.." She trailed off with her eyes going in every direction bar to John's face. A tale, tale sign of Rose's that she wasn't being completely truthful.

A sigh left Rose's body, relaxing more in the dimming light.

"It is nice to have the company." She murmured closing her eyes so she wouldn't be able to see John's reaction.

"Next time I'll make sure I bring the cards up, play a game of poker while we watch."

Rose didn't reply back to him, keeping her eyes closed not feeling the need to say anything back.