II | rumors

When he came to himself he was lying in a firelit place with bruised limbs and a bad headache . Low voices were speaking close at hand. "And now," said one, "before it wakes up we must decide what to do with it."
"Kill it," said another. "We can't let it live. It would betray us."
"We ought to have killed it at once, or else let it alone," said a third voice.
"We can't kill it now. Not after we've taken it in and bandaged its head and all. It would be murdering a guest."
Sirius knew this scene. It was the first time Caspian... It was the first time he met the Narnians in his past life.
"Gentlemen," said Caspian in a feeble voice, "whatever you do to me, I hope you will be kind to my poor horse"
The horse that Sirius now knew was already gone. But Trufflehunter would tell past him that.
"Your horse had taken flight long before we found you," said the first voice - a curiously husky, earthy voice, as Caspian now noticed.
"Now don't let it talk you round with its petty words," said the second voice. "I still say-"
"Horns and halibuts!" exclaimed the third voice. "Of course we're not going to murder it. For shame, Nikabrik. What do you say, Trufflehunter? What shall we do with it?"

Sirius woke up. Again in the middle of the night. He sighed and went to the common room. Lily was sitting on the sofa. It was quite like the night before until Sirius start talking. "I think I understand my dreams now." Sirius said. Lily looked at him. "what do you mean?" She asked confused. "You are the only person that knows about these dreams, so I can only tell you... I think I can remember my past life." He told the redhead. Lily looked at him for a few seconds. "Are you serious?" She asked not sure if she should believe him. Sirius nod. The fact that he didn't make the serious-Sirius joke, convinced her immediately. "What were you like in your past life?" She asked now interested in the matter. "I was a king! King Caspian of Narnia!" He said when he saw the questioning look the girl gave him he realised his mistake. "Narnia is a different world, it's a land full of magic. Animals can talk, trees are alive and stuff like that! There are the old king's and queen's and..." Sirius said.
Until the morning Sirius told lily all about Caspian, Narnia and the Pevensies. Normally they would return to there dorms before someone woke up but today they simply forgot.
When the first person came down the stairs they were laughing about something. The guy cleared his throat to get the attention of the two. Both Lily and Sirius stop in there movement and turned there heads towards the boy.
For a moment it was quite in the common room before lily got up as fast as possible and made an excuse up why she had to leave and Sirius run towards the boy and told him to never tell anyone what he just saw, before he ran into his dorm.

Of course the boy did not keep it a secret and at lunch it was the one think everyone was talking about. Rumors about lily and Sirius were going around the entire school.
"Padfoot, can you believe it, people actually think there was something between you and Evans." James laughed. Sirius looked up from his breakfast. "Some guy is saying he saw you two this morning in the common room together laughing like some weird couple." He said again. "It's not a lie... He really saw me and her..." Sirius said. That made the heads of the other two marauders immediately turn towards the two chaotic ones. "You and lily..." Remus started. "...hang out?" Peter finished, while james just stared at his best friend. "It's not like that. We're not even really friends. Today was the first time I really had a conversation with her." Sirius explained. But James didn't listen to him and just left.
James hadn't talked to Sirius the entire day. Sirius of course knew why. He sat down next to Remus. James and Peter sitting on the opposite side. No one of them spoke a single word. Peter and Remus looked around clearly uncomfortable, James didn't wanted to talk to Sirius and Sirius thought about how to start this conversation.
When Sirius opened his mouth James stood up. "I don't want to hear it, Black." James said. Black... He called him by his surname... "But Prongs let me explain!" The black haired tried. "Don't call me that!" James said and left. Sirius stayed quite. James on the other hand was furious. How could his best friend hang out with lily like it's nothing but no matter what he did she would never have a conversation with him. James wasn't angry at Sirius, not really at least. He was more angry at himself. Remus and lily were always friends, but now even Sirius managed to befriend her. Peter wasn't close with her but definitely closer then James. All his friend had a better bond with the girl of his dreams than himself.
"He isn't angry at you! He just... needs some time to himself! In a few days he will be crawling back. You know him." Remus told Sirius after James had left the great hall. But the Black wasn't so sure about that. 'Don't call me that!' James had sayed it as if he didn't deserve to. As if he betrayed him, but he would never betray his best friend. Would he?

The fight between the marauders was fast to be known around the entire school. Of course it was. The four boys never had a fight before. It was a new experience for all the students. Because finally they could life without the fear of a prank behind the next corner.
The marauders themselves were split. James and Sirius didn't talk for days. While Peter and Remus always switched who was hanging out with who, so non of the others would be alone.
After 2 days it was just weird for each one of the students. The most famous Dou of the school was split up. Hogwarts wasn't the same without all the pranks and chaos that the marauders spread. Even some Slytherin's didn't liked it that way and that was something until now, thought impossible.