When we were younger

Tw

Vance wanted to ask her but, he didn't know if now was the right time.

After around 20 minutes of walking they finally made it back to the house.

Megs mom was working a night shift and Griff was already sleeping. Meg went in to check on him, finding him sleeping soft and peacefully in his space bed sheets. His room was all neat and clean, his books organized by color, his desk had jars of space findings, rocket ships and types of rocks printed on posters were hung.

Meg and Vance went down the hall to Megs room. Meg opened her closet door, grabbing a white lace nightgown that falls just above her knees. Vance went to his corner of the room and pulled out a spare pair of pj pants.

Meg headed to the bathroom to change and Vance changed in her room.

Meg was walking to the bathroom just down the hall across from her little brothers room. As she slowly crept into the bathroom and shut the squeaky old door, she stood and admired herself in the mirror. She slowly slid off her shirt and stood there in her bra and shorts. She hated her body, she hated her stomach rolls, her thick thighs, flappy underarms. Her face, her hair and eyes, her lips and especially her nose. Even though she was quite beautiful there were other girls. She wasn't popular, she wasn't hot or a cheerleader. She wasn't Linda or Sarah. She was Meg the quiet nerdy kid, with the nerdy brother. Yeah she's pretty but she wasn't stunning.

She turned to look at her stomach slightly hanging over her shorts. She sucked in trying to forget about her stomach fat. She held her breath until she couldn't, dropping her stomach. A tear rolled down her cheek and her throat began to burn.

She began to grab her stomach fat trying to pull it off. She became more aggressive as more tears rolled down her cheeks. She kept pulling and pulling, but none worked. She put her hands over her face, slowly dragging them down her face, causing her eyes to fall.

She put her nightgown on and slid her back down the wall. She sat with her knees up as she thought about herself, 'why am I so ugly, why am I so fat, I'm not going to eat, I'm such a slut' her thoughts kept running until they were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Hey are you okay?" Vance asked with his ear pressed against the door.

Meg quickly got up and responded like she wasn't crying. "Yeah I'm fine." She slowly opened the door with Vance standing there in his pj bottoms. Meg kept her head down. "I'm tired I think I'm heading to bed." She said avoiding eye contact.

Vance knew she had been crying but he knew she had a rough day. "Alright." He wrapped his arm over her shoulders guiding her to her room.

They walked in and Vance pulled down her covers to allow Meg to get in bed smoothly. Meg slid under the covers and Vance turned off her light, Meg laid down looking at the ceiling as Vance walked over to the other side sliding himself under the sheets.

Vance didn't ever try to make Meg hurt or feel uncomfortable. Meg was Vance's only real friend, I mean yeah he was popular and knew everyone at school and was "friends" with them, but not like how he was with Meg. Meg understand him. Meg was always there for him.

Meg has never missed one of Vance's birthdays. Meg had always went to his soccer games when he was younger even though he was too scared of the ball so he sat a lot. Yeah you wouldn't expect it, Vance scared?

Vance used to get pretty beat up when he was younger, and Meg had to stick up for him a few times. He had a tough childhood so Meg doesn't blame him for acting the way he does.

At around the age of  4 his dad left. It was a relief, he didn't have to be worried about getting beat with a belt or spilling milk on the counter but his mom took it a different way. She was a single mom now with two kids working to give her kids as much as she could.

Their mom worked and worked and drank her problems away. Slowly turning into their dad. Beating them and relying on them to do everything. Slowly picking them apart and letting them crumble. Megs mom knew the environment so she had Joan and Vance come over to spend the night a lot. Vance was sensitive but bottled everything up he hated showing his emotions. So he slowly began taking it out with anger and that's how the whole school began to get scared. He would beat a crap ton of kids up, Meg got him to stop beating up random kids for no reason and only beating them up if he had a reason. Now everybody was scared of "Pinball Vance" and knew not to mess with him or the Stagg's.

As Vance slid under the covers trying to keep a distance from the red eyed girl he turned off the lamp and planted a kiss on the girls forehead. She smiled as he laid back down. Vance had his back towards her as she stared at the popcorn ceiling. Thoughts ran through her head as well as memories, good and bad. She turned her head to look at Vance admiring him she smiled until memories of what he had told her had happened to him played in her head. Her smile faded as she looked at him. Vance didn't like to open up as much as he did when he was younger. Meg really didn't know how he felt deep down he always hid it. Meg looked at Vance who was a good distance away and slowly scooted over to him. She hugged him as she laid there. The smell of his cologne overwhelmed her senses but she didn't mind. She slowly fell asleep next to Vance.

Not edited!!