Chapter 10: Into The Fire

"Lydia, what was running through your mind through all this?" The interview asks.

"Well, I was very confused, to say the least. Who was this guy? How did he know Diane," I growl a little bit at my name, "How did she know him? Stuff like that." Lydia is thoughtful in her answer.

"And you?" The interviewer avoids using my name.

"I was angry. Disgusted. I wanted him to perish."

"Because of the way, he used us for his gains?"

"That. Plus the idea that one day he would eventually return to stay for good."

After just a few exchanges I knew these guys were going to be an issue. Whether it be offense or defense, when one moved, so did the other. The usual openings that I would expose were closed. If I tried to throw half the punches I normally did I'd have eaten a few punches myself. It made things interesting. It was the best challenge I've had in years.

"You seem to be having issues," the left twin says, "You wouldn't happen to be nervous would you," the right twin finishes. God that got old fast and I really wanted to stop hearing it.

"No. Just getting used to your movements. Since my friend is over there watching I suppose I should show off a bit shouldn't I?" I switched my stance to a more speed-orientated one. My boxer stance is balanced, strong, and good for defense and offense. The speed one was hard to match and counter, a perfect time to test it out for such troublesome opponents. The twins are now watching carefully, waiting to keep me at bay like they have been. Good luck.

In the blink of an eye, I appear right in front of the left twin and catch him with a hook to the jaw that sends him a few feet back. The right twin moves, trying to catch me off guard. Bad move. I slip back out of range and shift my feet. The ground shoots up from under him and hits him like an uppercut. I've also jumped in the air in front of him. When he's hit, it knocks him into the air, and I have a free kick to his chest. The left twin moves while I'm in the air and kicks at my side. I use a small rush of wind to float over the kick and counter with my own to the side of his neck. He blocks it, but the force sends him flying into the ground and bouncing off of it. I land, and I'm between both the twins, not Ideal.

"Interesting," the right twin starts while the left twin stands, "Interesting indeed." They were oddly confident despite not getting close to me during that last exchange.

"Shall we?" The left twin asks his other half.

"I think we should." The right twin confirms. I'm tense, they're scheming. Plotting some diabolical plot. Are you worrying Diane? Foolishness! These runts couldn't hurt me even if I gave them both a free hit against me! They were weak! Rubbish! I could destroy them in an instant if I let my energy run wild!

Stuck in my sea of thoughts, I respond late to their rush of speed towards me. They were holding back, I could feel their full strengths out for show now. I hop in the air and turn my body sideways, both their punches fly above and under me. They rebound faster now, before I can even plant both my feet they're on me again. I use my one foot on the ground to gain some distance and to bait them towards me. When they rush towards me I jump and kick at the right twin's head. He ducks under it, and the left twin is swooping after me. I raise my arm and block the punch but I'm sent into a backward spiral. I plant my feet and the right twin is right in front of me. They're matching the pace of my speed stance. I need to get serious.

I evade an ax kick, when his foot hits the ground it shatters against his heel. I shoot a fireball at the right twin and he backs away to evade. The left twin is on me but I manage to block a punch. I hit him in the chest and sent him stumbling back. Before I even look off to my side to see if the right twin is there I kick, and nearly catch him in the stomach. I continue to spin until I'm facing them again and send a large enough wind to push them both back. They both land a solid ten feet away and simply stand there.