10. Easy does it

Lisa

That bastard had some nerve. Using my name like that? What the hell?

I heard her taking the stairs two at a time as she ran after me, so I walked faster.

"Lalisa!" she yelled, but I just kept walking. Well, I was sort of jogging by that time because I really wanted to get away from her. All of this, everything I'd been dealing with and continued to deal with, was hard enough without her making it harder. I had to get away before I totally lost it in front of her.

"Wait, goddamnit!" she yelled as I dropped my bags and took off at a full sprint.

I opened the door to a random room and slammed it shut behind me. It was pitch black in there and I had no clue where I was, but I knew that I was throwing up a blockade between me and Jisoo and that was all that mattered. I fumbled in the dark until I found the locking mechanism on the doorknob, and I secured it in place before turning my back and leaning against the door.

He was already there, pounding on the other side with her fists. I heard her growl in frustration, the sound almost frightening me. "If you don't open this door, I swear by all that is holy I will break it down!"

"I don't want to talk to you right now! Go away!" I said as loud as I could so that maybe she could hear me over the beating she was putting on the poor, defenseless door.

"Fine. Have it your way."

The pounding stopped, and I sighed in relief that she had given up. I had begun to sink down to the floor when I heard what sounded like a strained battle cry from the other side, followed by a loud crash against the door that sent me tumbling forward. I managed to catch myself on my hands and knees and whipped my head around as light from the hallway spilled into the room.

Jisoo stood in the center of the doorway, her arms hanging at her sides, her shoulders rising and falling with heavy breaths. A shadow fell across the front of him, but I could still see the menacing look on her face. she looked almost lethal.

"You accuse me of treating you like any other employee, yet you never listen when I give you an order," she seethed.

"Yeah, well I'm insubordinate. Fire me," I said, getting to my feet to storm past her.

She grabbed my arm and swung me around until my back was pressed to the wall just inside the door. her body was pressed to mine, her forearms flush with the wall and rendering me immobile. she forced my legs apart with her knee and I could feel her hot breath against my ear as she ground the bulge in her pants against my stomach. she wasn't kidding when she said she had a lightning-quick recovery time.

"Why? Why can't I call you Lisa?" she buried her head in the crook of my neck. The sound of her voice was a mix of desperation, anger, and frustration, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why. she dragged her lips across my skin sensually and then lifted her head to look me in the eye. Piercing hazel orbs reflected an intensity that both shocked and made me want to give her anything she asked.

"I've treated you well. Better than you could've possibly hoped for in your situation. And I've always made sure you've been adequately taken care of in other ways as well." she reminded me of her meaning by bending at the knees and slowly grinding into my very center. A traitorous moan escaped my lips. "So, why? Give me one good reason."

How about five? Because it made all this too personal. Because it would be too hard to leave her at the end of the two years. Because it was going to make it too easy to fall in love with her. Because I just couldn't...

That was the truth. But if I told her any of those things, she'd send me packing and demand a full refund.

"Because you want to," I said, giving her the fifth reason.