Chapter 8: A day at Gibraltar

I was woken up by the savory salty-scented smell of seafood coming from the kitchen. I got up and noticed Echo wasn't on the couch. Sure enough, when I got up and looked over at the kitchen, I saw Echo cooking a delicious seafood paella while wearing a yellow apron. She mixed the paella around while humming The Simpsons theme, shaking her hips as she did so. I got up and yawned, stretching widely. 

"Good morning, Benjamin, did you have a good sleep?" She asked.

"Yeah, is that paella?" I asked. 

"Mhm. I hope you don't mind me using your ingredients," She murmured as she added in a pinch of salt. 

"Not at all. I love a woman who can cook," I murmured.

"Pardon?"

"UHHHH so why are you cooking? You can't eat, so why bother?"

"I simply enjoy making things that will inspire or please other people. It's a hobby I picked up from Liao when she was teaching me certain activities and skills such as painting and cooking. Although I'd enjoy eating the food myself, the experience of cooking a dish is still satisfying. I'd also like to learn by getting better at cooking and seeing others' reactions," Echo explained as she finished with a last mix of butter. 

"Oh, I see," I said.

After taking a shit and a quick shower, I sat down with Echo at the table, Echo handing me a bowl of her seafood paella. After taking a couple of bites, the sunlit sensations in my mouth burst open as the tidal wave of flavor pushed into my mouth. My eyes sparkled as I savorily smacked down on the food, Echo giggling at my reaction. 

"Echo! This is amazing! What did you put-" I shouted, but Echo put a wooden spoon over my mouth, cutting me off. 

"Manners, please. I simply looked online for a Legend of Zelda, Breath of the Wild cookbook and downloaded it into my system, and I made the paella. Maybe I added in some extra ingredients, but who knows?" Echo responded, putting down the wooden spoon. 

"This is so good! Echo, seriously, this is amazing!" I said before taking another bite. 

"I'm glad you liked it. I'll make it again if I'm feeling like it," Echo replied. 

After finishing my food, I got up and began washing my dish. Echo then walked over and began cleaning the cooking utensils she used when cooking earlier. We stood side-by-side and washed the dishes, and I was surprised to see the water not affecting Echo as we cleaned. 

"You're waterproof?" I asked. 

"Both inside and out. Dr. Liao wanted to make sure I had all the tools necessary to experience every aspect of life," She responded as she put the dishes into the dishwater. 

As she bent over to put the dishes in, my dirty mind went to Vegas and I spaced out for a minute. I was, fortunately, able to regain my f*cking consciousness and turn away right as Echo got back up. I then told Echo I'd be going to the gym, and Echo offered to come along. 

"I guess that'd be fine, but would that boost your muscle or anything?" I asked. 

"Sort of. My inner compartments contain fiberoptic tissue which, like yours, rips during extensive use and repairs itself to become stronger. The only thing is you won't see any physical change or results, but my power output will increase," Echo replied. 

"Huh. How much can you lift now?"

"Approximately 500 Kilograms," 

I blinked slowly.

"I'm... gonna get changed..." murmured.

After taking a warm shower and getting dressed for the gym, Echo and I walked out of my room and made our way to the gym. As we walked we had a chat about future missions. I told her about my ideas for restoring Amelie Lacroix, capturing Junkrat, exposing Talon, etc. When we made us into the gym, we were surprised to find Reinhardt and Bridgitte already in there. Reinhardt was deadlifting 200 solid pounds while Bridgitte timed him.