Chapter 4

me and Sayaka were sitting next to each other back in hope's peak, we always chatted about many things and even got paired up during projects or group assignments.

one day, Leon approached me and asked me to third wheel him, me being that good to a fault type of person obviously agreed and they ended up dating.

what i didn't know is that they have done the deed right before graduation and that was the start of it all.

Leon was never the responsible type and it coincided with him getting scouted by talent scouts from the west that offered him way too many incentives to go, he could have taken Sayaka with him, the option was there.

if it wasn't for another girl he had met after graduation that stole his eyes which were linked to his mind and heart, basically she was a knock out in his eyes.

Sayaka was able to keep Tama a secret during the first few months of her pregnancy which she took advantage of to earn as much as she could, the agency did hold Sayaka at a high regard even after finding out the truth, they sympathized with her and protected her from the scandal that soon happened afterwards that tarnished her name, luckily the Agency did control it rather well.

the Agency then informed Sayaka that she won't be performing for awhile until things die down which is why she works at another job currently.

i have to say though, its weird seeing an agency holding on to an idol that is almost in her mid 20s, idols in general start to lose their value at their early 20s, but what do i know, its just a thing i heard so maybe it is and maybe it isn't.

and that was the Story of Sayaka's despair, it felt so sad that one could dismiss it as a lie or an overexaggerated story, but her expression as she told me about it is enough to know that it is not the case.

"im so sorry that you had to go through all of this Sayaka, i didn't know you have been dealing with all of this" i said apologetically.

"its ok really, you couldn't have known about it" she replied with a weak smile, she says that but deep down, she must have been afraid of trusting anyone after the stunt that punk Leon had pulled on her, seriously, the guy was so in love with her, what girl made him forget her just like this? ugh this is frustrating.

"well, how have you been holding up so far" i asked in concern.

"well, my savings have been running low because what im earning isn't enough to cover everything in a month let alone any emergencies that might come up" she said in a sad tone, depressing even.

as much as i wanted to say that she can rely on me, what exactly can i do for her? i can't suddenly ask for a higher allowance without my parents asking so many questions and I can't get a job because i need my full attention on the university, call me pathetic but i know my capabilities and as much as helping the damsel in distress is something any man would like to be in such a situation, i don't want to look stupid in front of her, so i need to think it through first before i can act.

"anyway, we better get going, thank you for taking care of Tama in my absence, Makoto, im really grateful for that" she bowed as she thanked me.

"i-its nothing really, please stop bowing to me, seriously" this is so embarrassing seeing her bow to me like this.

after that, the Maizono family left the house, leaving me all alone again.

even though they weren't here for a long time, their small company was really the happiest moment ever since i moved here, i even contemplated telling her to move in with me, sure i can try to make my luck get me rich to cover her and her daughter but logic says that luck is exactly that. luck, who knows how long i can keep it up?