Chapter 6

once Saturday has rolled in, it was time to head into Sayaka's home.

it wasn't anything fancy but it's condition was much better than mine, leave it to the girls to make a home feel extra homey am i right?

although despite Sayaka welcoming me in, Tama was not as welcoming as her unfortunately, this is going to be a long day i bet.

"but mama, why do i have to stay with him? its the weekend so you should be here playing with me!!" Tama complained.

"i know, but since Makoto offered to look out for you, this means i can start picking up extra shifts and make our lives easier a bit" Sayaka explained, i honestly would have loved to work and help her out but with the University in my way and Tama being alone, this is more trouble than it's worth at the moment, you could suggest daycare but that is just extra expenses that she is better off without.

"but Makoto smells!!" excuse me what now?

"hey, im not smelling of anything" i hope.

"yes you smell, you smell, you smell" she said as she pointed her stubby finger at me.

when she says it three times like this, im starting to doubt myself too.

"what do i smell of?" i asked.

"of boys" on one hand, at least its something silly, on the other, im not sure if i should feel offended or not.

"well right back at you you little brat" i retorted.

"im not a brat!!" she pouted angrily at me.

"yes you are, you are an annoying girl too and you smell like one" i added.

"girls don't smell, stupid" she fought back.

"yes they do" do i have a brain of a 6 year old now? i don't care, im going to keep arguing, its fun with her.

"Girls smell of flowers and kittens, boys smell of dirt,bugs and snails" she argued.

"and what do snails smell of exactly?" i asked.

"boys" how convincing, though if im being honest, i can't find a way to strike back, kids can be smart, in their own warped way.

"Tama! Apologize to Makoto now" Sayaka said as she eyed her angrily.

"i won't, thats the truth, he is smelly" i guess Tama really doesn't have a considerate bone in her body.

"if i come back and find that you have been giving him trouble then im going to be very cross with you" she threatened.

"i don't care!" man she really is quite the rebel.

"you will care if Vegetables become involved" oh? is that a secret intel im hearing? weapons of mass destruction to destroy the demon?

apparently, she can't tolerate her meal having too much vegetables, this is going to be epic mwahahaha, eh, its not like im going to bully Tama anyway.

Tama became pale at the mention of vegetables "ok, i will be a good girl" she said in defeat, but hold up, i know Tama well enough that she won't easily back down.

"but i won't apologize for him smelling like boys!" see what i mean.

"Tama, thats it, im going to-"

"its fine Sayaka, this is just how she is, im not bothered by it" the lies are real, but for the sake of not holding her up too much, I'll endure it this time.

actually, i have an idea.

i locked eyes with Tama and smiled a little "how about this, if you behave, I'll cook you something delicious" that is my trump card that works everytime.