Chapter 19

we were now in the hot springs, well, in the Ryokan to be precise, ever since we got here, i have been quite tense, and the cause of it is none other than Sayaka, seeing her in her casual outfit was already hard to handle, now that im seeing her with a yukata.....just why am i like this?

"Mama, can we go swim in the hot springs now?" Tama asked impatiently.

"we just got here, i was thinking about exploring a little" Sayaka replied.

"but that requires walking, i don't want to walk, its too high up, i want to swim!!" Tama pouted.

i do share her pain, we had to walk up the mountains to get to the Ryokan, which Tama gave up on after walking a couple steps, causing me to carry her which was a pain.

if she was staying still then sure that is cool, but a squirming, pouty six year old girl that kept bonking me on the head to go faster, was not an easy thing to overcome, i don't even know how i managed to get up here and stay alive.

she says that im like her father, but is there a girl that treats her father this poorly?..........actually, its best if i don't hear the answer to that.

"well, the country side has many rare plants and flowers, im sure you will enjoy it" the mention of rare and mystery catches Tama's interest.

"will i find something that Kenji has never seen?" why does it always has to have something to do with this brat?

"probably, who knows" for a grown woman, she definitely knows how to be manipulative.

"then I'll find a rare plant to bring to school and show Kenji that im better than him at something, hahahaha" oh god, the devil has awakened.

_Time skip to early evening_

we have been wandering aimlessly in the forest for awhile now, the trees were so thick that they obscured the sky, we tramp through the overgrown path which was filled with rocks and roots where a single misstep can cause an injury.

due to Tama's excitement, she was in the lead, waving bugs around her with her hands, i bet she is also pouting.

"its quite dark here, i didn't think the sun would set so quickly" i remarked.

"what are you afraid of the dark?" Tama looked at me in disappointment.

"just because im making a remark, doesn't mean that im afraid" i honestly never understood the fear of darkness, so i don't know why people get scared of it.

"in that case, stop talking you maggot and keep moving" what is she a Sargent drill now? want me to give you twenty while im at it?

"Sayaka, where did she learn this word?" i asked curious as to how a six year old would know of this word.

"i honestly don't know" she was just as surprised to hear her daughter utter such word.

"this isn't important, lets get to the top quickly so i can see my house from up there" she said as she climbed faster.

"Tama wait, don't get out of our sight, you might-" before she finished her sentence, she tripped as a result from trying to run after her daughter, these yukatas were just impossible to run in them, not like there are ones made for that.....i think.

"Sayaka!!" i quickly dash forward and manage to grab her before she collapses.

"are you ok Sayaka? you aren't hurt right?" i ask as i look for any indication of an injury.

"im fine, just a bit shaken, i didn't sprain anything, thank you Makoto" she smiles bashfully, her cheeks tinged a pale pink.

"its no problem, i wouldn't let any harm come to you or Tama" speaking of Tama, it is rather quiet all of a sudden.