Chapter 1

what does it feel it like to be at the age of 24 with no income but your parents' allowance , held back a year in university and slowly losing your sense of purpose, not to mention that you are studying abroad?

pretty terrible I'll tell you that for sure, because this is what the ultimate lucky student Makoto Naegi is feeling right now.

the only thing that is going for me is my luck letting me live, like for example this decent house that despite being old is still well maintained and i managed to get it at a low price despite being near this large apartment complex that always blocks the sun rays from reaching me.

or this rich old lady that always mistakes me for her favorite grandchild and buys me clothes whenever i go shopping, what is even more absurd is how she always goes out the moment i decide to do that.

leaving groceries to me....who am i kidding, whenever i go to buy them, its always the day they are on massive sales, at least that did encourage me to learn cooking and save up even more, that did make me happy as i was finally able to make use of my mother's cooking book she gave me before heading to the University and it did allow me to reduce how much they give me as it was making me feel guilty each time they sent me money even though they are quite rich considering my lucky days in hope's peak.

but now, my luck has stayed there with few fragments sticking to me.

it was the end of another day in University and i was Heading back home, but then i heard the sound of a little girl.

"it has to be here, it must be!" as i looked around trying to find the source of the voice, it seemed like it came from the playground nearby.

pushing the old gate as i entered, my eyes landed on a little girl who was crying that she didn't even hear the sound of the rusty gate opening.

she had a white shirt with a strawberry print on it as well as a blue jeans that seemed like it was getting old.

her hair was dark blue but more on the black side and her eyes were blue as the sea, she seemed like she was around 5 or 6 years i reckon, she was really cute that i couldn't just leave her like this, it was a crime to leave her crying like this.

one thing that is tugging on my mind is that she seems familiar, like i have seen her somewhere, I'll think about that later.

"hey there, why are you crying? what happened?" i asked as i slowly approached her.

she lifted her head to meet my eyes "i lost my key and i can't find it" she said, some of her words were muffled due to her recently crying.

"are you sure you had it with you when you came here?" i asked.

"yes, im sure of it!!" she said in a high voice.

"how long have you been searching for it?" i asked again, i need to know how believable her first answer was.

"i have been searching here forever!!" she shouted, by kid's logic, that means about 5 or 10 minutes so its likely it is here somewhere.

"alright, let me help you look for it" i offered.

"really? you will help me find my key?" she perked up, her eyes were red and puffed but seeing her like this a welcomed improvement.

"of course, i like to help pretty little girls like you" real smooth Makoto, if only you could say that to one of your girl classmates in the university, too bad you can't.

"you really think im pretty?" she asked, how dare she doubt the charm of 6 year olds.

"of course, now lets look for your key" i said as i started looking.

...

...

...

not even 5 minutes later, i found it and handed it to her, and then i started walking her home, and thank god we got to her home in time because otherwise, she would have gotten wet from the clouds that came out of nowhere.

we stood at the entrance......hold up....that is the apartment complex i live next to.

that explains the feeling i had before, good thing she doesn't recognize me otherwise i would have had a guest every single day, not that i would mind  the company, loneliness has been something that consumed me every day and night and im not the popular type in school so there is that.

"can you make it from here?" i asked the girl.

"yes i can make it from here, thank you uh....what is your name?" that was blunt.

"im Makoto, Makoto Naegi. actually, i haven't asked for your name, little one, what is your name?"

"im Tama!!" she beamed.

"its a pleasure to meet you Tama, well, you go on in and I'll see you later" i said as i smiled at her.

"Yes! see you later!!!" she waved at me as she walked into the elevator.

when she turned her head, i saw a pink ribbon on her semi long hair, it seems familiar, but i can't put my finger on where have i seen it before.

oh well, its a question for another day.

Author's Note: heeey there people, you missed me?

because i sure missed you all