10

Trigger warning: mention of a past suicide attempt(not graphic, just a mention)

Wooyoung's pov

"Hyung, while we were with Soobin, he called us 'Fated Mates.' What does that mean?" I asked Seonghwa as the five of us vampires sat in Seonghwa's dorm. Hongjoong finally had a day off, so Seonghwa was getting us three younger guys to know his mate.

"Wooyoung, did you read the diary I gave you a year after your transition?" Seonghwa asked. I shook my head, causing him to sigh with a small smile.

   "The witch to curse the first vampires wasn't quite as heartless as one might think. When she made the spell, she made it so that every vampire would have a mate. Since I was born by two of the original vampires, I would have a 'fated mate' and not a normal mate.

   "A pair of fated mates are stronger together than an original vampire. Hongjoong and I could, essentially, wipe out the originals, but they're my family; we can't.

  "What does that have to do with San and I? I'm a changed vampire, not a born one." I asked. Seonghwa sighed again.

   "Don't interrupt me, Wooyoung. The first vampire I changed would get the same capabilities I have. When I changed you, you became my equal in relation to strengths. You were the first human I changed.

   "Since I changed you, you would also have a fated mate. The fated mates are chosen by my father's best friend, since he was the first to be cursed. His curse, along with the immortality of a vampire, is to see into the future.

   "When I changed you, he already knew it. He hadn't told anyone of his knowledge that I'd change you until I had already done so. When I came back home after I changed you... a lot went down. I've never seen the originals so scared- so pissed at me- but, as fate would have it, you, Wooyoung, are the strongest vampire in existence.

   "To keep you from going off the rails, or knowing about your insane strengths, you were sent San. I wasn't supposed to tell you any of this, and I am aware of the consequences I will face, but you needed to know that you're not as weak as you think." Seonghwa finished his long explanation as a man stepped closer to the five of us.

   "You've talked enough, don't you think?" He asked as he grabbed Seonghwa by the back of his collar. Seonghwa looked unamused as he let the man pull him up from his bed. Hongjoong was quick to yank the man's hands away from his mate.

   "Don't touch him!" Hongjoong exclaimed. The man laughed.

  "Would you rather take the repercussions instead?"

   "Dad, leave them alone. They deserved to know. What'll it be this time? Another decade of solitary?" Seonghwa rolled his eyes.

   "That's too simple, son. By letting the younger know his strengths, he is sure to kill us all off. So, an eye for an eye, right?" Seonghwa's dad quickly  brought Hongjoong into his arms, an arm squeezing around his neck tightly. 

   I jumped up from the chair I was sat in and closed in on the vampire I hadn't met yet.

   "Not so fast, Wooyoung. Any closer and I'll tear out his throat." Seonghwa's dad sang. I looked over at Seonghwa, who nodded for me to do something.

   In the blink of an eye, I had driven a stake through the heart of the oldest vampire in the room. He let go of Hongjoong as he tried to pull it out of his back.

   "You little shit..." he cursed as he dropped to his knees before disappearing from the room.

Seonghwa and I were quick to kneel down beside Hongjoong, who was coughing harshly from how tightly Seonghwa's father held his throat.