14

Jongho's pov

  "Hyung, where did Junie Hyung go? He always wakes me up before he goes anywhere, and he didn't today," I asked the vampire who sat beside me as we played video games. I already had an idea of what was going on, but didn't know for sure.

  "He told me not to tell you anything, but he's making preparations for your anniversary," Hongjoong asked more than said. I hummed in response and shot his character in the game despite being on the same team.

  "What- hey! We're on the same team! Why did you kill me?!" Hongjoong exclaimed. I ignored him and continued to play until I had won solo.

  "Jongho, why," he whined, lightly shaking my shoulders.

  "You were a weakness in my team, and I wouldn't want someone to hurt you," I said, shrugging his hands off of me. He gaped at my response as I started a new round.

  "This isn't about the game anymore, is it?" Hongjoong asked. I had been indirectly asking him questions about everyone else's whereabouts since he took me from my dorm at noon, and it was nearing eight at night now.

  "It never was, was it, Hyung?" I retorted. He looked at me confusedly.

  "Spending today with me wasn't of your own will or choice, was it, Hongjoong Hyung? You got stuck on 'babysitting the human' duty, right?" I asked, still keeping my focus on the first person shooter game on his tv.

  "What do you mean?" Hongjoong asked, trying to act clueless.

  "Yeonjun Hyung never leaves me without waking me up to kiss me before he goes for a blood run. That's the only time he chooses to be separate from me when I do not have classes.

  "Seonghwa Hyung always takes you on dates when you have the day off. Wooyoung Hyung, San Hyung and Yeosang Hyung would've all come by my dorm by now since it's Friday to take shots and talk shit about anything we felt like it.

  "This is the first time you've ever spent the whole day with me, and you haven't let me leave your house. Those five are gone to get Mingi Hyung and Yunho Hyung from that older vampire, right?" I listed off all of my observations of the day then asked a question. My focus hadn't left the screen until it showed another victory.

  "So, today was just babysitting duty, right?" I asked again when he had gone silent. I turned the game off and turned to face him, folding my knees up to my chest on his leather couch.

  "Jongho, it's not- I'm not babysitting you-"

  "Then why am I in your house- that you've leased to your human brother so other vampires cannot enter- instead of my dorm? This is the first time I've ever been here for longer than a few minutes, and I've been here for..." I glanced at the clock on his wall.

  "More than eight hours, now. You had be bring pjs, so I'm assuming I'm staying the night. Why didn't anyone tell me?" I asked.

  "We didn't want you to worry, Jong. It's safer for you to be here, where vampires have to be invited in, than in your dorm. I'm not babysitting you; we know you're an adult. This was just to keep you safe," Hongjoong explained.

  "Waking up to you shaking my shoulder instead of Yeonjun Hyung playing with my hair worried me. Everyone else was gone, and none would answer their phones. That worried me.

  "I know you mean that I'd worry for their safety- I would be regardless- but at least then I'd have known they were all together- that they're safer in such a high number of them going.

  "I'm really glad you all think of my safety, I really am, Hyung. Being left in the dark, though, is not pleasant. I know I don't stand a chance against a vampire, not while I'm unmarked. Still, I'd have at least liked to know what was happening."

  "Well, uhm, Hwa has telepathy since he was a born vampire, and he'd have told me if any part of their plan had gone wrong. They'll all seven be back sometime tonight, okay?" Hongjoong said, trying to comfort me.

"Okay," I mumbled, leaning my head down on my knees. Hongjoong scooted closer to me and wrapped his arms around me.

  "I'm sorry we hid it, Jongie... but it was my choice to stay with you. I didn't want to make you feel like I was babysitting you, none of us did, but I did want to stay with you," Hongjoong said, rubbing my back as I leaned on him.

  "Thank you, Hyung. I'm sorry if I sounded mean earlier..."

  "It was well deserved, okay? Don't sweat it,"