Chapter Seventeen: Melting Reality

Hundreds of portals were seen, opening and closing in a rush of people and supplies.

Phantasma... could only watch with wide eyes as survivors staggered through them, many looking death warmed over and crying.

A cry of horror filled the air, as ten portals sputtered closed at once.

"How many?" Reaper asked, wincing at he felt the souls of those AU's scream... then go silent.

"Too many."

"Close it! we can't save anyone else!" Outer cried jumping through a portal, ash clinging to his bones. Once it closed, he hugged his sibling Comet as they felt there AU fall.

"Has anyone located the Star Sans yet?" Dust asked walking over from where the Dark Sanses were resting.

"No, we think they might be in the doodlesphere which means we can't get to them," Life asked, looking up from where she was keeping an eye on there very limited supplies.

There was a groan of horror as more portals vanished.

" Classic?" Dust asked quietly, knowing that this could blow up even more in there face if the Original died.

"Still there... but having issues to get portals to open there," Reaper sighed tiredly, it had always been an issue which is why Classic or Classic type AU's usually had to use machines instead of portals to leave.
"Classic.. Sans," Phantasma whispered, his tiny shard of soul seeming to pulse.

"Right, as a Destroyer you would never have met them. Stars darn it, where's Ink when you need him. he could get in any AU," Reaper groaned, clearly wishing for the sweet ambrosia of coffee.

"I'll be back," Phantasma said, vanishing through a portal.

-----

Phantasma looked around him, if he had more soul he would have felt dismay and despair.

People had always thought himself and his past self Error could not enter the doodlesphere, but in reality only Fate being a bitch and having a fit kept them out.

The place looked like it was a monet painting with the melting clocks, colors were running and turning into sludge. All the plants Ink had painted were dead, twisted and brittle.

It was actually kind of nausea inducing, he used his scythe to make sure places were stable to stand as he didn't want to drown in paint.

A sound caught his attention, carefully he managed to get to the main house, that looked like it was about to collapse any moment.

"Phantasma?" a weak voice asked, the destroyer rushed over to where he could see a barely lucid Ink, and an unconscious Dream.

"Ink," Phantasma replied.

"Did you see Blue anywhere?" Ink asked, he barely had any paint in his body.

"He's not in the doodlesphere, but he's out there somewhere as Reaper says he hasn't died yet."
"This is my fault isn't it, I can feel.. everything just going away," Ink said quietly.

"No, its Fates fault. Come on Inky, I'm getting you two to the anti-void which is the most stable. I need your help to get to Classic timeline, before it burns," Phantasma told him, suddenly Ink grabbed his hand in a wait moment way.

"You.. you should have this, its.. the sealed Error... the last destroyer, I.. think its yours for some reason," Ink said weakly, passing him the item his other self was sealed within. Phantasma stared at it for a moment, then shoved it in his shift for later.

"Lets get you two to safety," he said, opening a portal home.

"How?" Reaper said in shock seeing the two he dragged through, Phantasma said nothing.

Now, with Ink no longer in the doodlesphere and his magic keeping it together it fell.

------

"So. can you do it?" Blue asked.

"That's a big favor," the other said, looking like a Sans with purplish-red eye lights and wings made of stars.

"Please, I might have blind portaled when the AU collapsed but I want everyone to live." Blue begged.

"Its not me you need to ask."

"Then who, please?"