Chapter 8: Amalgamate's and Someone.

Y/ns POV:

We arrived at what seemed like a dungeon or lab? It's been hours - no days probably, no I don't know! Anyways this hallways and corridors are damn long and tall. I'm gonna sob.

The smell makes me puke, mixed with dead bodies and blood, the halls we enter is devoid of emotions. What makes me sick is there's something triggering my past memories.

Someone or something is trying to make me fall asleep, I can't right now. I have to find Ink and defeat the deity, Destiny. I saw Fate's floating body around following us, she only appears when the hallways are dark and creepy.

Nightmare pauses for a moment before turning to me.

"Darling, you can see it right?"

He whispers while moving me closer behind his back. I can see it, it's.. an agressive amalgamate. God I thought they were kept in an AU?!

"..oh my god."

I muttered to myself as the amalgamate destroys anything and everything it's own self makes contact with. The pillars fall down instantly by the vibration of the Destruction ahead of us.

He prepares his tentacles to charge at the amalgamate, but I hold his arm tightly.

"You CAN'T kill it."

"How so?"

"They'll regenerate all over again, Night."

He sighs as he slightly lowers his tentacles and grabs my wrists. He leads me away from the impact that's about to hit me, the same melting pale-white hand that causes destruction at the hallways.

It suddenly roared and causes the pillars to fall down in front of the amalgamate, it destroys it and charges at us slowly.

"Should we?"

"I don't kn-"

It moved in a rapid state immediately, the hallway floors cracking and shaking in a critical state. One of the pillars fell down on the amalgamate's head, the pillar didn't collide with it's head instead it went right through the head of the amalgamate.

It roared as I grabbed Nightmare's wrists and run away from the rampaging amalgamate that destroys anything in it's way. I almost tripped at a large hole as Nightmare's tentacles grabbed me and moved me closer to his body.

"Be careful, I already lost you and I don't want that to happen again."

He mumbles before he dashes to the side and hid behind the pillar. A familiar impact I know all too well; the amalgamate's impact.

An idea suddenly beamed into my mind as Nightmare looked at me because of my slight burst of positivity. He inspects my face lost in thoughts as I took a peek on the rampaging amalgamate.

"I have an idea."

I exclaimed at the gooey skeleton.

***

"We get the amalgamate to fall down the same hole I almost fell in earlier."

He seems convinced and agrees to my plan. The impact echoing down the halls once again, the sound of falling bricks and the tension of air intensifies. We've been running for around a few minutes before to loose the amalgamate and explain my plan to him.

"I'm gonna distract it."

"No, I am!"

"I can't have you falling down there. You're reckless, darling."

"I can't fight you now can I?"

I mumble, loud enough for him to hear my response. He only chuckles before another destruction echoes throughout the whole hallway, the amalgamate doesn't stop destroying and finding us. It knows we are still here.

"We better get going."

He says as he gets out of the spot, catching the amalgamate's attention. It growled and it charged at Nightmare in a sloppy speed, it crashed into one of the pillars before regaining it's composure and charged once again.

He runs towards where the hole is, the amalgamate trailing behind him. It charged at a rapid speed now, everything is going accordingly to the plan. He stops at the entrance of the hole then dashes out of the way as the amalgamate accidentally tripped down the edges of the hole. It was still clinging to the edge for dear life, it cried..?

It continued to cry as I watched stunned. The hallways now creating an earthquake, I only stood petrified looking at the amalgamate. Tentacles grabbed me and immediately ran away from the amalgamate, poor one.. the hallways now crumbling apart due to the large impact it had cost.

"..I'm sorry."

I muttered at the wailing amalgamate, desperately clinging on for dear life. Life isn't fair for me and for you, rest in peace whoever you are..

The hallways behind us started crumbling apart, colliding with each other with force and suddenly cracking. It's not over yet, y/n don't sleep, not yet.

Nightmare skidded into a stop to scream;

_________________________________________

Who is it? 👀👀

Peace out, Liz.

785 words.