chapter 10||lover man

Abby loved Al, more than she ever thought she would've. If you would've told her she'd be dating the man who kidnapped her, she probably would've laughed in your face.

Al had changed, and for the better. He was in therapy and was now taking medication. Al had a horrible history with his family, his father specifically. Albert wasn't himself for a very long time, but now..he was. He often took Abby on movie dates or walks around the town, which she enjoyed. He spoiled her as much as he could, buying her everything he thought she'd like.

Abby's birthday was coming up, so Albert had decided to buy her a necklace along with her favorite sweets.

"Abby, darling, can you come here for a minute?" Albert called out, putting his phone onto the table. Abby made her way into the room, wrapping her arms around him. "yes Al?" She asked, looking up at the man.

"Kelly wants to come over and see you" he hums, planting soft kisses on her head. "Oh awesome!" She says happily, "When?" , "She said around 5pm..she wanted to go get dinner and take you shopping" he mumbled, kissing her head softly. "Mm okay" the girl hums, looking over at the clock. It was only 12 pm.

Alberts hands trailed down to her bottom, squeezing softly. "you're so beautiful, you know that?" He said, a goofy grin on his face. Abby giggled, burring her face into his chest. "Wanna watch a movie?" She asked, pulling away. He nods, "I was thinking maybe Halloween? Or maybe Harry Potter?" She hums, "hmm..I've never watched harry potter..so that one" "wait. You've..never watched harry potter??" She dramatically gasps, he smirked, laughing. " Come on goof" he said, pressing a hand to her back, leading her to the living room.

She grabbed her fluffy blanket, putting it over herself as she sat down. Albert followed, placing a hand on her thigh, giving it a soft squeeze. She let out a small content sigh, resting her head onto his shoulder as he turned on the first Harry Potter movie.

Albert was a soft, loving man. He loved Abby so much, he practically admired her. He'd changed so much in the past few months..

He planted soft kisses on her cheek, mumbling "I love you.." after each kiss, he did this often. He appreciated her staying with him..even after what he'd done.

Abby kissed him softly, rubbing his hand, moving her eyes back to the TV.
They laid in each other's arms for a while, watching a few of the movies. Abby checked her phone, it was now 4:50 pm. She sighs softly, getting up. "I'm going to go change before Kelly gets here" she hums, going Into their bedroom to change. She slipped on her pink strawberry dress and a matching cardigan, grabbing her mary Jane's.

A knock could be heard from the front door, Albert got up to answer it. "Abby, dear, Kelly's here!" He called out to her. Abby grabbed her strawberry cross body bag before making her way to the door, she kissed Albert before following Kelly out the door.

"It's going to take a while for me to get used to you dating my uncle" she laughs, grabbing her keys to start the car. "Yeah..I'm honestly just glad you aren't mad at me" Abby says, getting into the passenger seat. "He's been so much happier with you, I'm happy for you both" she says.

Kelly dropped Abby off at 10pm that night. The girl made her way inside, letting out a soft yawn as she slipped her shoes off, putting her bag down. "Albert, I'm home" she calls out, making her way into the house. She made her way to their room, finding Albert asleep in their bed. She smiled, changing into warm pj's. She slipped into bed, resting her head on his chest before falling asleep.

The next morning, Albert woke up much earlier than her. He decided to make her breakfast, the usual pancakes and apple juice, since it was her favorite.
He hums, setting the plate and cup onto the table. Albert made his way to their room, sitting onto the bed next to her. He kissed her cheek, wrapping his arms around her frame. "Mm darling..it's time to get up" he hums, planting soft kisses on her face. She let out a groan "mm..nooo" she says, rolling over. He just smiled, lifting her up. "come on darling, I made chocolate chip pancakes" he said, kissing her cheek. He took her to the kitchen, sitting her at the table.

She stuffed her face happily, taking a drink of the apple juice. "You know sweetheart.." he starts, shifting in his seat. "I was wanting to go on a walk to the park today, would you be up to it?" He asks, looking over at her while he ate a bite of his food. "Oh yeah! I'd love too" she smiled, putting her fork down "I got a new outfit so I'll wear that" she hums happily, getting up to put her plate away.

Abby made her way to the bathroom. She grabbed her hair brush, brushing the knots from her hair. She leaned down to grab her toothbrush, brushing her teeth quickly. She put the toothbrush down and went into their room, grabbing her bell bottom jeans and long sleeve shirt, slipping them on. She grabbed her Mary Jane's, putting them on aswell. "Al I'm ready" she says, wrapping her arms around him. Albert was putting his sweater on, he turned around and planted several kisses along her face.

The two made their way outside, walking along the sidewalk to the park. Abby took his hand in hers, interlocking their fingers. He smiled, squeezing her hand. Once they made it to the park, he lead her to a spot under a tree, a relatively empty spot. There were several types of flowers around the tree, daisies, roses, and more. Albert seemed nervous, which was new for him. "Albert, whats wrong?" She hums, looking up at him.

That's when it happened. He got down on one knee, reaching into his pocket as he pulled out a small black box. "Abby.." he started "will you marry me?" He asked, opening the box which contained a beautiful small ring. She gasped, her cheeks flushing a soft pink. "Oh my gosh..yes!" She said, jumping into his arms. He chuckled, wrapping his arms around her. He took her hand, slipping the ring onto her ring finger. "I love you so much.." he hums, burring his face into her neck.

Days passed since Albert proposed, Abby couldn't get over it. She found herself admiring the ring often.

Abby was home alone while Albert was at work, trying to figure out how to tell her best friend that..she was literally marrying her friends Uncle. She would be..Kelly's step aunt? That was just weird to think about. She grabbed her phone, opening her messager app.

Abby-'hey Kells I gotta talk to you about something '
Kelly-' what's up?'
Abby- "well.. you know how I'm dating your uncle..right?'
Kelly: "mhm what's about it? Did you guys break up?☹️"
Abby-' oh nono we didn't..he proposed 😱'
Kelly-' o.m.g REALLY? wait..does that mean you're going to be me .step aunt..???🫣'
Abby-' haha I guess so'
Kelly-'  I'm happy for you:) honestly, if he makes you happy then that's all that matters. I gotta go but if you need me shoot me a text!'

Abby put her phone down, smiling a bit to herself. She checked the time, it was only 3:00pm, Albert won't be home for another hour. She turned the TV on, finding a show to watch. Half way through the show, Abby fell asleep, her head resting on the couch cushion.

Abby knew she loved Albert, more than anything. This was just the beginning.
Abby had always wanted children, but, she felt like it was to early to ask..what if he got uncomfortable? Albert also wants kids but never fully expressed it.

To be continued<3

1373 words