I. Moon Child

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

" THERE WAS ONCE a girl known by everyone and no one.

A Cosmic Entity, the Moon Child.

Wandering around aimlessly in the dark,
Bringing light to everyone around her.
Dancing in the shallows of the river,
Lovely Moon child.

She points her finger at the sky,
and beckons to the universe.
The stars are silent and endless,
But they listen.

Give it to the Universe,
Give it to the Moon Child."

Rosalie shut the book and put it aside her, running her hands through the child's raven locks.

Alethea. A strange child who appeared out of the unknown one day.

It was clear upon first glance that she obtained much more than the common mortal. Alethea was a newborn when she was found by Carlisle. Cold and abandoned on the streets of the new world.
She was a strange occurrence, a rarity of her kind.

Alethea grew at an unthinkable rate. She fed on human food and blood in which she ultimately preferred blood.
When Carlisle had brought her home, everyone had come to the assumption that she was an immortal child, yet after some time their suspicions turned to be false. Rosalie immediately grew attached to the young girl.

"Child of the Cosmos?" The young girl answered under her breath, attempting to figure out the title of the poem she had just been read.

"Not quite, but close."

The frustrated look on the child's face gave Rosalie the urge to laugh at how serious she had taken her question.

"Child of the...Universe?" She guessed again.

Rosalie smiled and nodded. "Correct."

Alethea smiled widely, waving her short arms in the air as a sign of self accomplishment.

"Give it to the universe. What does that mean?" Alethea asked.

Rosalie sat quietly for a moment. "Well—" She started, "—it means that if you ever find yourself in a time of struggle, the universe is always by your side to help you."

"Really?"

Rosalie nodded. "Yes."

"How?" Alethea questioned.

"It listens to your prayers and if they believe you deserve it, the universe will transpire to make it happen."

Alethea sat upright, picking up the book and flipping through the pages.
"Aunt Rose, have you ever wished for anything?" She asked curiously.