II. Illusion

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Forks, 2012

"The lmmortal Children were very beautiful. So enchanting. To be near them was to love them, but their development was frozen at the age they were turned. They couldn't be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village."
Carlisle spoke to the crowd around him.
"Humans heard about the devastation. Stories spread. The Volturi were forced to intervene. Since the children couldn't protect our secret, they had to be destroyed."

Irina had fled at the sight of Renesmee, visibly upset at the sight of what she assumed to be an immortal child. It was to be expected. Though the Cullens deemed Renesmee to be a miracle, they knew the reality they would eventually have to face. The young girl had only been alive for a few weeks, yet her family found themselves at the center of a serious accusation.

"Well, Renesmee's nothing like those children. She was born, not bitten. She grows every single day." Bella defended.

"So can't you just explain that to the Volturi?" Jacob asked.

"Aro has enough proof in lrina's thoughts." Edward spoke. His hands flipped through the pages of the large book containing dated information about the ancient myths of the past. There was a sudden wave of stillness.

"So we fight." Jacob broke the silence, crossing his arms together.

"Their offensive weapons are too powerful. No one can stand against Jane." Jasper mumbled.

"Alec's even worse."

They were right. Given the severity of their accusation, the Cullens knew they stood no match against the Volturi. The guard alone could diminish their coven if given the chance.

"Well, then we convince them."

"They're coming to kill us, not talk."

Edward stood up. "No, you're right. They won't listen to us, but maybe others can convince them. Carlisle, you have friends all around the world." He insinuated.

"I won't ask them to fight." Carlisle responded.

"Not fight. Witness. If enough people knew the truth, maybe we could convince the Volturi to listen."

There was a subtle tension in the room. Everyone stood silently, unsure of what to make of the occurrence. Esme turned to Carlisle and placed a hand on his shoulder.

She smiled. "We can ask this of our friends."

Though reluctant, Carlisle nodded in agreement.

"At least we get to go to England again. We haven't been there in a long time."