(13) Castle Walls

Castle Walls

Chapter Thirteen

**************

Thank you all so much for waiting. Firstly, a lot of things came up, shit happened and now everything is just going wonderfully. My happiness will be explained at the end of the chapter! All in good time. Anyways, song is “Not Alone” by Darren Criss, one of the most amazing Glee stars ever! I say he should’ve sung this when Santana was outed, though his duet with Chris was just perfect! Well, um, the pic is Josie, portrayed by the lovely Avril Lavigne. I liked her music when I was younger, mostly Girlfriend and Sk8er Boi, but now it’s just noise, but my friend/sister loves her. Oh well...

*******

                Nothing could beat a beautiful day at the beginning of April. I was excited for school today. I had been paired up with the most beautiful girl in the world; Josie Logan. We had to do a project in History with a partner and, luckily, I was the one the teacher randomly picked to do the project with her.

                Josie was beautiful. I mean, with her blond hair and her pretty blue eyes, who wouldn’t? Well, I had best keep it a secret. She would never like another girl, let alone me. I mean, look at me. I dressed in plaid skirts and white blouses most of the time. Some days I would wear other types of skirts, but this just felt most comfortable, other than jeans. But, because of my recent growth spurts I had grown out of all of my jeans.

                It was the hour before History; my Science class. Luckily, the teacher was as blind as a bat and I sat in the back corner of the room. I might’ve looked geeky, but I hated Science class. Instead of listening, I sat and doodled in my binder. Most of my doodles were hearts with names of other girls I liked inside them, usually in bubble or brick letters, and the hearts shaded in to give me something to do.

                I wasn’t a bad artist, but I was a much better writer. Perhaps I would become an author someday.

                When History came, I was a bit too eager, but Josie didn’t seem to notice.

                “So, what should we do our project on?” I asked, digging through my notes.

                “I don’t know,” she said, bored. “Just pick something.”

                We ended up doing our project on Alexander the Great. About three-fourths of the way through class, I asked Josie to drag my notes out of my binder, trying to find a book in the library on him. When Josie came back, she had this smile on her face. I hadn’t seen that smile many times, and I wasn’t sure what it meant.

                But, I did remember that later that night, when I was at home trying to get a head start on the project, I noticed that I couldn’t find the hearts I had drawn in Science that day.

                When I went to school I heard whispers. I didn’t have very many friends. Most of my previous friend had been people after money my parents had and I wasn’t one to show it off. I became cautious and chose my friends carefully.

                It took me till lunch to run into one of my friends, seeing as how our scheduals conflicted until the afternoon classes.

                “Are the rumors true?” she asked, looking at me in surprise and disgust.

                “What rumors?”