(14) Castle Walls

Castle Walls

Chapter Fourteen

*********************************

Okay, the whole Jacob rant/rave will be placed at the end of this. This is a more lighthearted chapter. Another up before another down, you might say. Chapter 15 is going to be epic. Now, who's wondering who Cam was making out with on Halloween? I've had people tell me how much they love Cam and want him to be with someone (hence the guy at the party). Well, I thank you all for reading. This is a bit unedited and it didn't come out the way I wanted it to, but it looks pretty good and I promised that I'd have another up.

Picture is of Dave Days! You will meet his character in this chapter! Song will be added later!

Thank you for reading! Enjoy!

******

Cruelty had been my specialty before. Now, I feared it. It was still scary how many people hated me. I might’ve had a few people on my side, but how could I get over that fact that the people who had once feared me were now ridiculing me and turning my life into a nightmare.

                  I now realized how horrible people’s lives could be. I stood by, allowing others to be bullied as I became one who just left notes in their locker anonymously, just as someone had done for me years before. But, why hadn’t I stepped in and tried to end the bullying. Why wasn’t anyone stepping in?

                  I felt so guilty.

                  Cameron and Dylan made it a big thing to follow me home and we’d finish our homework, all of us ending up cooking dinner, going out, or invading Dylan’s house for her mother’s wonderful cooking. Avery Waltz was excited for both Dylan and I, that we were together, and her brothers didn’t mind either. The twins had found out at school, but they didn’t really bother themselves with gossip, not really caring that she was dating me, since they had already met me. I was glad about that.

                  Josie’s rise to popularity was growing, though, and that’s what I hated. She really hadn’t changed. Everyone believed a pretty girl like her who couldn’t do any wrong. They had been waiting for something like this to come up with me, the other students. They wanted me gone.

                  But, it wasn’t as bad as it could be.

***********************

It was the first day at my new school and the summer had gone by without a hitch. I had gotten into shape, even though I hated exercising. I had gotten new stylish clothing that complimented me and my almost fourteen year-old body.

                  I had been the talk among the student body, being the first new girl since the March before, along with about three other students. Everyone saw that I was beautiful, just what I wanted them to see. Nobody would suspect that I was different. I was just the pretty new girl.

                  Everyone admired me and nobody was the wiser.

                  The day it came, I tried out for cheerleading. It was easy to do with all of my summer training. Mom had someone help me train three days a week for the summer. She even watched my diet, thrilled to see that her daughter was becoming something that she wanted.

                  I hated it, but it was better than people finding out my dirty little secret.

****************