✧Chapter 1: Snow's cruelty

⚠TW! The content in this chapter includes⚠:

-Gore

-explicit descriptions of body horror

!Reader discretion is advised!

~✧☽❄☾✧~

"I'm so cold..." you shivered into the dead and devoid-of-life, atmosphere.

Your legs were numb and you couldn't feel anything from the waist below. The giant gash on your face stung as blood seeped down your cheek. The tears which you could hardly even manage to cry, were now frozen on your face. You couldn't breathe, it hurt your lungs too much to do so. Your lips and nose were numb. The cold air blew violently at your face as snow clouded your vision. Blood stained the snow you sit on, surrounding you in a pool of crimson. You were most likely about to die in the cold as you held close to you, the remaining bits of your soul purpose.

 ~✧☽❄☾✧~

Winter plagued the Earth, its lively and flourishing surface now covered in snow. Most people view Winter to be a time of depression, in the sense that the Earth is dying and life is no longer living. You felt strongly opposed to those of which who held that value.

It was early in the morning. Five o Clock to be exact. Your Brother was preparing to head down the mountain to the town and sell wood. The trip for any normal person would usually take three hours back and forth on foot from the mountain to the village. But what with your Brother having trekked this journey so many times, it barely took him an hour if not less, to and fro the village. So he aimed to set out earlier in the day so he could have more time for other things. 

Your family, alongside five other residents, have lived on that mountain for many centuries. The family's on the mountain were like a close-knit bunch, helping each other out whenever needed. So, through discovery, the family's became knowledgeable of the fact that the wood supply in the town at the bottom of the mountain was low. So slowly, selling wood logs became a source of income for everyone there. 

The mountain you lived on had such thick foliage and woods, that regardless if you chopped 50 trees down a day for a whole month, there wouldn't even be a dent in the population of the forest. So you needn't ever have to worry about preserving the forest. And anyway, at the beginning of every spring, your family made a tradition that in any possible clearings, you'd all plant tree seeds so that as spring progresses, you'd replenish your forests.

Your Brother quite often set out for work early in the morning anyways so he'd accustomed himself to waking up at the crack of dawn. Your older Brothers name was Kenji which meant strong. His name fits him very well. He was very strong for a 15-year-old young man but he also had to be strong for your family as well. Your Father was unable to leave bed much due to an illness that had been plaguing him for many, many years. So as the firstborn son, he took up the responsibility of the man of the house.

Kenji began the trek down the mountain, eventually meeting the firstborn son of another family, who the both of them had grown to be quite good friends. So they made the travel to the village together.

It was now seven in the morning. You usually had to wake up at six o'clock, though today you were afforded an extra hour. Today was special. So instead you woke up at seven. Which, as much as you were afforded an extra hour to sleep in, you hadn't expected your Mother to help get Ren and Chiako ready for the day.