✧Chapter 7: Triumph

(A/N): Sign/ASL dialogue will be in bold

~✧☽❄☾✧~

That morning went quickly.

The only thing that was on your mind was that damned boulder.

You woke up early in the morning as usual and finished your stretches and basic exercises.

Then eventually you were called in for breakfast, which even that, you just scarfed down.

Once breakfast was over you rushed to the training grounds.

Again, you prepared yourself for another possible day full of failure.

Sabito and Giyuu arrived later on, you were in too much of a rush to wait for them.

"Are you ready [Y/N]?" Sabito said enthusiastically.

You nodded your head.

You felt a little bad about yesterday and how you just suddenly stormed off, so today you were going to try even harder and work honestly.

You were determined to cut this boulder.

You were determined to protect Sabito and Giyuu.

You swung at the boulder with a large amount of force.

KLANK!

It didn't break.

Giyuu and Sabito waited in anticipation to see your reaction.

You breathed in and exhaled slowly.

You were trying not to let this bother you.

You swung again.

KLANK!

Nothing.

Again.

And Again.

It was now the afternoon.

You were tired.

You were swinging your sword against that boulder for a few several hours now.

"Hey [Y/N], why don't you take a break" Giyuu coerced.

You nodded your head, you weren't going to fight with him on that today.

Lunch was slow. You egged on your break for as long as you could before Urokodaki kicked you three out of the house to train.

You were a little bitter because you wanted a second serving because you had made a little bit more of an effort to take care of yourself.

But that's besides the point.

It was late in the afternoon.

You were just coming back to the boulder after a two minute break.

Your arms felt like jelly and your muscle joints burned.

"You can do this [Y/N]!" Giyuu yelled a bit.

You took a deep breathe and swung, just like you have usually done for these pasts many months.

But something was different this time.

Giyuu was very good with telling you that a big part of why you couldn't cut it was because of your mindset.

He'd tell you to think of things that gave you motivation or put your mind to ease.

So you'd think of tranquil lakes or Lotus flower gardens. Sometimes you'd think of Giyuu and Sabito cheering you on.

Those things helped and all, but there was this little crack in those visions.