✧Chapter 2: Winter brings new beginnings

(A/N): keep in mind that your writing is very formal in your letters because this is indeed set during 1912-1926 (Taisho era, idk if the timelines are correct though) so speech mannerisms and letter formatting were a lot more formal and respectful. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, stay tuned for more.

~✧☽❄☾✧~

You stayed unconscious for that whole night. Dreams did not come to you so it felt like fuzzy snow being whizzed around in your head the whole time.

When you finally awoke you were surrounded by a new setting. You were in a deserted room.

It was decently sized and fairly furnished. There were two Futons folded next to each other beside you. And in the corner of the room was a small table with a lit lantern.

You were too busy observing the room you were in so you didn't notice that the door was open and someone was peaking into the room.

"Ow-" someone muttered as the door clicked shut.

Your head snapped to the door.

So someone else was in the house with you...

You tried getting up but it hurt your legs to move too much. You lifted the blanket and moved aside your Yukata and saw how your legs were a deep red, slowly starting to scab and scar.

You couldn't even move your toes because they were so numb to movement and pain, or even just feeling anything at all.

While you were inspecting your legs, the door to the room opened and a person stepped in. Immediately dropping the blanket you folded your hands neatly on your lap and looked at their face.

What you didn't expect was to be greeted by a Tengu mask. It temporarily startled you.

Not only were your legs seemingly frozen, but now your entire body was. You didn't necessarily expect to see this in the morning... or night. You didn't know honestly.

"Do not be frightened young miss, I have taken you into my home for you were on the brink of death when I found you" the man formally notified you in an old and gruff voice.

You simply nodded in thanks. You wanted to respond and thank him for his kind actions but it felt as if your tongue was gone or twisted, and you could not speak.

Sensing your discomfort, he sat down beside you and moved over a teacup.

"Drink this tea, it'll help you warm up."

Nodding again you gently grabbed the tea cup and drank it, the warm beverage soothing your coarse and dry throat, being the way it is because of your excessive crying and sobbing the night prior.

Once you finished the tea, you held the cup in your folded hands and looked solemnly at your lap. Your eyes seemed dead.

The man gently placed his hand on your shoulder.

Looking up at him, your unbeknownst to you, glossy eyes started crying.

The tears hurt because your eyes were still red and irritated from crying all night, though you didn't care.

The man went to hug you and you gladly took the comfort.

You had just lost everything and needed to feel safe.