✧Chapter 14: Familar faces

~✧☽❄☾✧~

You traveled on your way back to Urokodaki's cabin.

Once in eyesight, Kazahana flew ahead and into the house through one of the open windows.

Most likely being informed of your arrival by your Owl, he came outside and greeted you at the door.

"[Y/N], nice to see you again."

"Mm, same for you."

He stood aside and let you in the house.

Taking off your sandals, you sat by the fire, warming up your hands by its warm flames.

"So [Y/N], would you allow me to see your new weapons?"

You nodded and moved aside the coat bit of your hoari.

Underneath it was your two fans on either side of your hip, closed up and dangling gently on their hooks.

You unhooked them and handed them over to him.

He opened and inspected each one, humming in satisfaction when he confirmed the fans were adequite enough for you.

"How do they feel?"

"I haven't used them yet... haven't had a reason to. But they feel... nice. Very light and easy to manage."

"Good, good. Since you'll be living alone at your old residence, I'd enjoy it if you could visit every month. You are still in fact a young adult, not quite fully a grown one."

You hummed in agreeance.

Even though he'd never fought with a fan, he gave you a few pointers to help you with handling it better.

You chose to stay the night there before leaving back for home the next morning.

Before you left, he gave you a little bag with random foods, stating that you needed food for the road, but you knew very well that he already knew you had plenty of food.

While traveling back home, you practiced with the fans, trying out certain slashing motions and playing around with it.

You accidently cut your finger...

A few hours later, you came back home.

There were other families there, so avoding having a conversation with disgruntled families, you traveled in the tree tops, jumping from branch to branch, Kazahana flying behind you.

You came back home and immeditely began working right away.

Your Father was right.

Making forms was hard, it truly was.

You spent months working on these forms in between your missions.

Once, oddly enough, you were paired up with someone on a mission and you explained to them how little missions you recieve.

They looked flabbergasted, explaining how they never got breaks except for when they were injured and a break was mandatory.

You felt a little bad now, feeling as if maybe you were a little lazy and could be doing more than you were now.

But you were also extremely grateful because you were given so much time to work on your new forms.

And so, you spent every day working on making the new few last forms and checking up with Urokodaki at the end of every month.

----

You were in a different town, at least a good five hours away from Urokodaki's cabin and even longer than your home.