CHAPTER ONE

112 AC

112 AC

════════════════

With the death of her kekepus - the Old King Jaehaerys I Targaryen and the absence of her kepus - Daemon Targaryen. The only true companion of Asenyra was her dragon, Balerion. She was often left aside by her parents , Viserys Targaryen now King to the iron throne , and her mother Aemma Arryn the Queen. Her sister , although young was always surrounded by maids and and companions , she was overshadowed by her own family. This did not incite envy or any other negative emotion in the young princess although. She learned to only count on herself and her dragon.

════════════════

'' Morrow '' She greeted the kights along the corridor as she walked to the dining hall to break fast with her father. Before she went inside, a guard of the City Watch stopped her momentarily. 

'' Morrow princess '' He bowed to her '' I need you to come with me to the Throne room '' He asked the princess and she followed, with an eyebrow raised as to why she was to go. 

They made the way to the Throne room and once the guard had opened the door, she was surprised to see her uncle on the throne, the guard that secured the room was not happy. 

''It's okay Ser, please leave us '' The Kight did not protest on her request and left the princess inside the throne room with her uncle.

Asenyra smirked at her uncle as she strolled towards the throne, standing a few steps away from it, she extended her arms and bowed to her uncle jest matter. 

'' My king, you haven't aged a day '' She spoke in Valyrian to her uncle, slowly rising from her position, but keeping a mischievous look on her face as she looked at her uncle. 

'' You're not going to oppose seeing me on your chair '' He commented, it wasn't even a question. 

''It's not mine '' She shrugged '' But my head is, and I would like to keep it for a few more years, please uncle '' She stated, turning around and pacing a few steps behind. '' What made you come back? '' It was a simple question, it intrigued the girl as to why now, her uncle would spend his time away from the Red Keep, he would either be traveling away and visiting new places, he would reside in Dragonstone or take residency in the streets of Silk while being commander of the city watch, for Daemon, there was always something new to do but to be in the small council. 

'' I got you something '' Daemon jumped from the throne chair and walked to Asenyra, who was shocked by his words. It wasn't uncommon that her uncle would gift her many presents, most of her jewelry and weapons were gifts from him, but as time passed without him around, she thought she was forgotten.

''I'm not Rhaenyra '' She spoke without realizing her own words. She was accustomed to seeing her younger sister being showered with attention.

'' I know that '' He touched her hair, taking a loose string away from her face, as he pulled her gift from his pocket and showed it to her. '' Do you know what it is? ''