CHAPTER FIVE

════════════════

════════════════

'' I've heard you refused to marry '' Daemon, her uncle strolled beside her as she walked along the gardens of the Red Keep, she was taking her sweet time in the Red Keep, the days for her name day were approaching and it was also the day that she would leave to reside in Dragonstone after being named Heir.

'' Indeed '' She stopped to look at some beautiful pink roses. '' Father wanted me to marry some common lord, at least that's why i believe , when i asked who, he did not answer me. '' She explained to her uncle.

'' Who would you have chosen ?  '' Daemon's voice was huskier as he asked, Asenyra pretended that the tone did not affect her in the slightest, their bond and relationship had always been one of mischief and adventure since they trained together. She felt like she could be herself, and show who she truly was around her uncle who never judged her for her character or behavior, while around most people she never had a chance to mutter a word.

'' I think you know Kepus '' She said the words slowly, giving him a small smile at the end.

'' If you wish, my Princess'' Daemon cut the thorn of a pink blossomed rose and gave it to Asenyra who smelled the delicate aroma. She gave him a bright smile and kept walking along the garden. ''Perhaps i could ask my brother again '' He started to walk backward to keep his solemn attention on the young girl's face.

'' Again? Father has refused your request for as long as i can remember. Besides , i don't want to be married so soon , and birth children '' She explained , cringing at the idea of children , she was still consumed by nightmares of her mother , she wasnt sure when they would stop , if they could stop ever.

''I would never make you birth children, especially so soon'' He stopped in the gardens, as a small breeze flew through them. '' I can only imagine the fear you must have about a birthing bed, i could never inflict such pressure on you to have children, especially so soon. I am not an animal '' 

''I know you Kepus '' She smiled fondly at Daemon, who held her fingers in his palms.

'' I know you do, issa gevives '' 

════════════════

Days after her encounter with her uncle in the gardens, her father had announced on the small council that Asenyra would be taking the role of Heir and one day rule as Queen on the Iron Throne. Many Lords whispered later behind the King's back, and the once-forgotten rumors of her not being a legitimate Targaryen were once again brought up to the surface, which the King was shielded from by his Hand, Otto Hightower. Her uncle, Daemon, was long gone as he had returned to Dragonstone after being banished by the King..once again, but this time, he left something behind.