CHAPTER FOUR

════════════════

════════════════

Queen Aemma and Prince Baleon lay lifeless in front of many Lords and Ladies, as Viserys stood with a frown of sadness on his face. While Asenyra, Rhaenyra, and Daemon stood on the far side from everyone, paying their last respects to the Queen and the babe that had died hours later after birth. Their father had not acknowledged either of his children after the death of the Queen, leaving a sour feeling between the three. More so to Asenyra who was pushed to the ground like a common woman from Flee Bottom.     

It seemed only hours ago that the final moments of Aemma took place, but a week had passed and what felt like a nightmare, had become reality every day, in the early hours when Asenyra would wake up. She could still smell the iron around her, and it always felt as if her dress was clinging and sticking to her skin as blood soaked the material, no matter what, the vision of her mother laying in her birthing bed would never leave her mind. As she stood in front of the pier as the final moments took place, the only person she found comfort in was her uncle, whose chest was pressed against her back, as he held her hand and her sister's hand. 

'' I still remember their deaths, it doesn't get easier, you just learn to live without them holding your hand. But mother..she was killed, and i will never forget the reason why. '' 

════════════════

A few hours later, Daemon had gone to drink among common people, and Rhaenyra and Asenyra were escorted back to the castle. Asenyra knew she was in trouble as Ser Harrold had told her that her father wished to speak with her in private and that he was to call her when the moment was right. She stayed inside her room, trying to take her mind off of the things she had witnessed days ago.

The knock on the door of her chambers alerted her that it was time for her to see her father, she composed herself and opened the door, two of the knights who had sworn to protect the king were escorting her. 

'' Asenyra, what seems to be the problem? '' Rhaenyra came out of her chambers with Alicent right behind her.

'' Don't fret sister, father only wants a few words with me'' 

'' We must not keep the King waiting princess '' One of the knights spoke, and Asenyra complied, sharing one last look at her sister as she entered her father's chamber. 

'' Father '' The room was deserted, and only there stood Otto Hightower and her father Viserys Targaryen. 

''Princess, take a seat '' Otto made himself comfortable while still standing behind the King. '' Princess Asenyra, your father-'' 

The King finally looked at his daughter with a pained expression, and she knew whatever was to come was not good. 

'' I have started to make preparations, in order for your marriage Asenyra, and to name your heir''