CHAPTER THREE

════════════════

════════════════

The princess, along with the King's Guard and the King walked fast to the Queen's chambers, eager for the birth of the babe. In the midst of reaching it, they could already hear the Queen scream in agony, and Asenyra felt a stab in her chest as she heard her mother scream.

'' Father '' She called, as worry spread on both faces at the screams of the Queen.

'' Everything will be alright my dear '' The knights at the door, opened wide, and in came the King and the older princess. Queen Aemma was now in a state that Asenyra nor Viserys the king has ever seen her, even tho she had been with babe many times before and lost them to the gods. The Queen spread her arms, trying to reach for her beloved and her daughter whose face pained her already, even tho they did not share a strong bond, Aemma still cared for the girl. Asenyra was always a good and empathic child, since little. She felt for people, she shared the same pain they shared, and the Queen knew she was feeling it at the moment.

'' My dears '' She breathed, her voice tired and scratchy.

Asenyra sat on the bed, taking in Aemma's condition. While the Queen and King shared words she did not let herself intrude. Viserys then stood up and walked to the Grand Maester , as Aemma now looked at the princess.

'' My love, everything will be alright. This babe is as stubborn as a Targaryen, that is only that '' She tried to reassure the young girl.

'' It does not feel that way, is there anything I can do? '' She asked, perhaps if there was something she could assist the Queen with.

'' Only your presence my sweet child '' Asenyra crawled closer to the Queen, and laid the woman's head on her chest, as she combed Aemma's hair out of her face. The white locks were drenched in sweat from trying to birth the babe. She then looked at her father and the people that formed around him, the Grand Maester's supported a worried look on his face, and her heart ached, if this babe was dead, it would be another grieving they all had to do. And for what? Her father, the King had heirs, he just didn't want them. And she was not talking about herself, she knew she would never get support for it, she was thinking exactly of Daemon, her uncle since her father despised having a woman on the throne.

Aemma took rapid and scary breaths, which made Asenyra come back to the reality at hand and leave her thoughts for later.

'' Asenyra '' She almost screamed her name, which alerted everyone in the chambers.

The look of panic on the King's face did not go unnoticed by Asenyra, who then looked at the Queen.

'' My love '' The King came back from the middle of the room and sat close to Aemma. '' Fetch some water for her Asenyra ''

'' No '' Aemma breathed. But the King did not comply with her wishes, he needed to speak with Aemma once again, he did not want her wishes to be brought to light. In his mind, she was delirious to ask such a thing from the King. Viserys and Aemma had an agreement, and Asenyra couldn't know of it.

The oldest princess ran to the small round table on the other side of the room, fetched a goblet of fresh water with trembling hands, and walked to the bed once again, as her father looked at her with what she could assume was disgust and hate. It shattered her heart at that moment, and Asenyra already wanted to cry, just by seeing Aemma so broken in the bed. She never had the love of Aemma and Viserys, as Rhaenyra had, but she never complained about it, since she knew she wasn't as loved by her parents as her sister or the many babes they had, were loved. But she treated both with respect because they were her parents.

Asenyra helped the Queen drink the water, as Viserys was looking at the exchange.

'' Asenyra, leave '' The King shouted, scaring the princess.

'' Father, mother requested-- ''

'' She is not in her right mind to request anything, leave now and go enjoy the tournament, be with Rhaenyra ''

But at the words her father spoke, her sister had marched into the room. Asenyra and Viserys stared at each other, as the young princess shared words with the Queen.

'' Daughter '' Rhaenyra looked at the King, and Asenyra did the same. Rhaenyra awaited orders from her father, as Asenyra waited for her father to tell her what was the matter. '' Take Asenyra and leave the chambers, your mother needs rest to birth your brother '' He spitefully said to Rhaenyra as he refused to share another glance at his older daughter.

'' Father, please '' Asenyra begged like never before.

'' I said leave '' He screamed, and Rhaenyra and Asenyra felt fear at that moment, never in both of their lives did their father shout, at any of them.

Asenyra took another look at Aemma and dared to approach the Queen and kiss her forehead, leaving the empty goblet at the hands of a maiden, Rhaenyra grabbed the hand of her sister and walked away from the chambers, but still stayed close.

Rhaenyra saw the look on her sister's face. Since she could remember her sister since little, she had seen that look at least a few days every other week. And as they got older, her sister's face adapted to the look. The saddest look, the teary golden eyes, and the tremble of the lip.

'' He is just nervous sister, do not let his tone affect you '' Rhaenyra tried to console her sister, but she knew that his father, although loving both his daughters, always preferred Rhaenyra.

'' Do not worry about me sister, mother is birthing another babe and she needs all your focus and strength.'' Asenyra took a deep breath and faked a smile, just to be shattered as the screams of the Queen shook the walls and the grounds of the Castle.

Both sisters shared a look, defying the words of the King would have them punished. But again, their mental strength was braver and bigger than their father's words. The two princesses entered the chambers once again, fighting the knights who tried to hold the sisters back. And the sight, oh the sight, both would never forget.

The blood on the Queen and the bed, and everyone around them. Asenyra's heart fell to the ground, knowing that her mother would never survive having her belly cut open. And as the knights came to get the princesses again and take them off of the room, the King yelled and shouted for them to be protected from the sight, Asenyra went against her father's words and marched to the bed.

Aemma was crying, her face red from the pain she was suffering.

'' You are killing her '' Asenyra shouted, as she could hear Rhaenyra cry close to her father.

''It's okay sweetheart '' Aemma breathed, her voice was almost faint, she did not have much strength. ''Saera'' Was the last word her mother breathed to her before her father grabbed her by her arms and pushed her to the floor. The oldest princess was left on the ground as everyone kept working and Rhaenyra stayed by her mother's side as she took her last breath, the blood coating her fingers, and the tips of her dress, as she lay on the ground. The name Saera was still in her mind, as tears coated her fair skin as she saw her mother take her last breath and join the gods in another world.

 The name Saera was still in her mind, as tears coated her fair skin as she saw her mother take her last breath and join the gods in another world