two

Bennett and Razor sat there for a while, staring at the quiet horizon. The peace was so long, yet it felt so short. The sun was beginning to lower, and Bennett was the first one to break out of the serene moment. He simply stared at Razor, observing all of his breathtaking qualities. 

His long, fluffy gray hair that poofs out on the sides, his figure; muscular yet slim, and his beautiful eyes. They were bright red sometimes, but in different lights they faded into a maroon... either way is beautiful. The way Razor's eyes just bored back into yours was simply entrancing.

 Bennett almost got lost and drowned into Razor's red eyes but snapped out of it when he realized Razor had been staring back.

It was so obvious that Bennett had been getting flustered, his blood shooting up to his ears and turning it into a bright pink. He panicked a wee bit on the inside as Razor just kept staring, directly into his eyes. 

In the end, it was Bennett who had broken the eye contact, as he stared down at their conjoined hands. Quickly in response to what had just happened between them, he fumbled his hand off of Razor's and pulled away. He turned his back to Razor and curled his legs in, knees up, and wrapped his arms around them.

Razor's hand reached for Bennett's back and the unlucky boy flinched and inched further away from Razor.

He must have sent the wrong vibe out, because when Razor raised his voice, it was shaky, and sounded pained.

"I-Is Bennett angry... at Razor?"

Bennett snapped his head over to look at the other boy. What? He thinks I'm mad at him?  Wide eyes, Bennett thought to himself. 

Twisting and turning just like waves in a tsunami, his stomach dropped. Razor simply stared at Bennett, eyes full of worry, waiting for a response. However, Bennett was still in shock that he could ever do something to make Razor think such a thing. What was wrong with him?!

He just sat there, jaw gaping open. Furrowing his eyebrows, closing his mouth and just sitting in silence was quite chilling to Razor.

"So... Bennett is mad.." Razor looked down towards where his bundled-up fists were.

"No!" Bennett shouted quickly, not wanting to give Razor the wrong idea. "I-I'm not mad at you!" He said quickly, waving his hands on the air stupidly.

"You are.. not..?" Razor asked, looking up slowly.

"No, of course not!"

"So.. why did Bennett act like.. anger..? And-And pull away from Razor?"

Razor asked, clearly unbelievably.

Bennett couldn't say why, and he just responded with a simple

"I don't know.."

"Oh.." Razor mumbled, peering down once again.

A storm of guilt and shame cruised over Bennett's gut as he looked at the confused and sad boy. He wanted to explain everything. About how he wanted to spend every second of his day with him, and every day of his year with him, and every year of his life with him.. How he loved his beautiful eyes and his adorable face. How he loved his cute personality and just everything.. How he loved.. him.

But Bennett was scared. He was worried of the pain that would be with him all day everyday if Razor didn't feel the same. If he could no longer be friends with Razor because of one simple word. Love.

555 words

xoxo
aneres