A Bunch Of Teens Get Run Over

Yeah starting a new story. I got into Twisted Wonderland and decide to do my own story with OCS. Because either uses one OC or SI for this kind of fic and I decide to do something different.

Special thanks to Gluten-Free-Okami who beta-reader.

________________________________________________________________________________

Haelth stuck her tongue out as she carved out a rune. One for light. This is done by drawing a large triangle in the circle with a smaller triangle and circle on top. Down the middle a long line with two smaller lines across, side by side within the large triangle. Once she was done she cleaned it up and looked at the old book that her mapa gave her. It's an old and ragged book, but Karaguri should reprint it after a while for her to read it. She has asked them if they could reprint it and they said they would. But they often forget. Maybe she should...

A hand clasped onto her shoulder, startling her.

"Oh sorry did I scare you?" Haelth's mapa, Karguri asked her.

Haelth shook her head, "Just surprised me, that's all. Next time I'll get the drop on you." Karaguri's mouth twitched up a bit.

"You can certainly try." Karaguri teased her. It's true, all the times Haelth tried to sneak up on her mapa she always got caught by them. One day...

"Are those runes done?" Karaguri asks her, red eyes screening her workshop. Haelth held up the bag of runes she made. Karaguri grabs the bag and looks at each one closely. Haelth got up from her seat and clasped her hand behind her back as she waits to see their approval.

"Better," Haelth beams, "But you still need to work on making a straight line." Haelth's eyebrow twitches.

"Hey! I did the best I could!" Haelth defends herself the best she could but Karaguri frowned.

"Well you have gotten better, but you still need to improve." Haelth's face fell and Karaguri's gaze softened, "I know you're trying your best but the only reason I'm pushing you is so you toughen up. People in this world can be cruel at times Haelth." Haelth sighed, she heard this a million times already.

"Yeah, I know. I know." She sighed and then the door burst open making her jump.

"Hey boss," Karaguri and Haelth turn around to see Scott standing at the door. He had curly hair, dark skin, and green eyes. He was wearing dark clothes which contrast Haelth's brown jacket, black shirt, and jeans, "There's a problem with a customer." Karaguri sighed and rubbed their temple.

"I will be right out there," Karaguri said as they walked past Scott and out the door. Scott walked toward Haelth who was starting to look nervous.

"Did you get the book?" He asks her. Haelth shook her head.

"Not yet. We have been so busy as of late and Karaguri keeps on forgetting" Haelth has a sheepish expression on her face. Scott narrows his green eyes at her.

"This is cutting it close. We need that book for the game tonight! You already hyped it up for Melody and that's not cool." He pointed out to her. Haelth looks down.

"Yeah, you're right... I'll ask them today." She promised and Scott sighs.

"Why don't you just take it?" He told her. Haelth's eyes widen at that idea.

"T-take it?!" She almost shouts at him but stops and then whispers, "I can't steal from mapa! If something happens they'll kill me." Scott shook his head.

"No, they won't. Besides, it's only for one day and you said Karaguri barely looks at it. We'll return it first thing tomorrow and nothing will happen." He explains. Haelth rubbed her chin in thought. It does sound like a good idea...