Haelth Challenge A Bunch Of Ghosts

On a roll with updating fics.

Special thanks Broken-Synchronicity for beta-reader

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Ready?" Susie asked the gang. Oliver carries a medic kit, Haelth has a bat, Melody has a pickaxe, and Scott has a shovel. Ace, Deuce, and Grim don't need weapons as they have their magic. Susie herself doesn't have a weapon but a lamp.

Deuce steps forward and cracks his knuckles

"Let's go!" He told them. All of them nodded and stepped into the mirror one at a time.

The lights and colors swirl around Melody making her feel like her stomach drops but she looks on in awe at the same time. When it settled into the muted night sky the moon shed light on the woods. The group was silent as they tried to settle from their first trip through the mirror

"So this is the Dwarfs' Mine..." Deuce broke the silence and startled Melody, "Long ago, this mine was flush with magestones."

"What happened?" Melody asked him.

"I don't know. People said there was a horrible accident-" Deuce was about to explain but he was cut off by Haelth shouting.

"Guys look I found a cottage!" She told them. Everyone looked at where Haelth was pointing and sure enough, down the path there was a small cottage in the woods, which looked so run down that it belonged in a horror movie.

"Not creepy," Melody said with sarcasm.

"Hope we don't run into a serial killer in there," Scott chimes in.

Deuce looked at them confused, "What are you all talking about?" He asked them as they made their way into the cottage.

"Oh, it references a movie series about a serial killer," Melody told him. Deuce gulps and Ace smirks at him.

"What you're scare Juice?" He teased another student.

Deuce glared at Ace, "Shut up Ace! And called me by my real name! You know it!"

Ace rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah sure." He said as he continued down the path. Deuce looked at him in disbelief, pouted, and went after him with others in tow.

When they got into the house, it wasn't good. It, was as bad as the Ramshackle dorm: cracked walls, overturned furniture, and dirt everywhere. Spiderwebs in a lot of spaces too.

"Hellooo? Is anybody home...?" Deuce called out but got no answer in return, "Must be empty. It looks like it's been abandoned."

"Oh, you think?" Melody mocked him.

"Hey, I'm not going to take it from you guys! I already have enough of it from Ace!" Deuce turns to her. He and Melody start arguing back and forth while Ace watches on, wishing he had popcorn.

Grim ignored them and explored, and when he was under the kitchen table, his face was filled with spider webs.

"Bwah! I got a spider web on my face! Ptchoo! Ptchoo!" Grim wipes his face. Susie knees down and pulls him up to her shoulder so he doesn't get hit by another web.

"Look how tiny these desks and chairs are. Did children live here?" Ace wonders out loud.

"Whoever they are they left in hurry," Oliver said looking over the kitchen, "They left a lot of stuff here." He said to point out pieces of furniture and items they leave behind.