Susie Become Owner Of Deuce and Ace

Back from vacation to bring the last page of the prologue.

Special thanks to broken_synchronicit for beta-reader this chapter.

________________________________________________________________________________

Crowley looks outside, as the sun drips lower to the horizon. He was in an office with curtains on the windows, purple stars, a purple rug, and pictures of the Seven on his walls. He was doing some paperwork, enjoying the peaceful evening...

Until the doors slam open.

"WE GOT THE STONE!/GIVE ME MY TUNA CAN!" The group of troublemakers all shout at him. Crowley nearly jumps as they suddenly appear. The group took their monster friend who tilted his head and blushed when he realized they were all looking at him.

"What?" Grim shouted.

Crowley looks at the stone in Deuce's hands in disbelief.

"I didn't expect that you'd seriously do it. And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would return with a mage stone. And here I spent all evening preparing your expulsion documents." Crowley admits to them. Deuce happily hands him the stone, while Melody put her arms crossed.

"Wait you thought we were going to fail?" Melody asked him.

Crowley looks sheepish, "You have no idea how hard it is to get my students to work together." Melody huffed in annoyance.

"But isn't that fault of the staff more than then students? If they don't work together." Haelth asked bluntly. Crowley coughs, shocked at Haelth's bluntness. Haelth blinks in surprise, "Did I say something wrong?" She asked the others.

"Nope!" Melody replied with a smug smile.

"You said nothing wrong at all." Ace covers his mouth to stop himself from giggling.

"You're fine Haelth." Oliver laughed.

Haelth blinks in surprise, "Umm..."

"He deserves it after not telling us about the monster," Grim said and gave Crowley a pointed look.

Crowley blinks in confusion, "'Monster'...?"

"Yeah. There was a monster, all right. A big, nasty one. It nearly killed us!" Ace adds his voice filled with annoyance.

Crowley narrowed his eyes and rested his chin on the back of his hand.

"Would you kindly relate this story in full?" He asked them. Susie told him the whole story, the Overblot, the ghosts, all having to work together, even Haelth's rune magic that work. Crowley's eyes lit up when Susie told him about the rune magic, "Rune magic?! Now that is old magic I haven't seen in a long time."

"What's rune magic?" Scott asked him.

"Rune magic is an old form of magic that draws magic energy from the world itself to use spells," Crowley explained, "They can be used in old ways. People use rune magic, but later Magi learned about how to use magic drawing it from themselves via using a pen."

"I never even heard of rune magic." Ace comment. Deuce nodded as well.

"Why was it dropped off? Would it be better to ask the world to use magic instead of drawing energy from yourself?" Scott asked.

"Because while in theory, it should let anyone use magic but only if the planet itself allows you. Which sometimes it can reject you. So it was too unreliable," Crowley explains.

"Wait, the planet is alive?" Melody asked them. The Twisted Wonderland resident looks at her funny.

"Um...yeah what make you think it wasn't?" Deuce asked being very confused.