First Day, First Fist Into Ace's Face

Special thanks to Broken-Synchronicity for beta-reading this chapter.

________________________________________________________________________________

Oliver has had a weird dream. He was in some crazy school for wizards but had no magical powers. All he had were friends and this random raccoon they found in the rain. What a joke. But then he opens his eyes and looks straight at the blue eyes of a ghost.

"What the-!" He jumps back and lands on the floor.

Jesper the ghost laughs, "Hee hee hee... Aren't the two of you supposed to be off cleaning the school today?" Oliver blinked, then he remembered and got up.

"Oh yeah! Sorry!" He said as looked around the bed. The group gave the bed to him and Melody as they had been through a lot yesterday. Susie and Haelth sleep on one of the couches and Scott on another. Grim slept with them in the bed as he worked all day and deserved a good night's sleep. No one argued with that—Grim curled up on Melody's chest and their hand rested on his back. Seeing Melody and Grim sleeping peacefully, Oliver almost didn't want to wake them. Almost.

"Mmmmm... Nngh... Five more minutes, Ma..." Grim twitched in his sleep and Oliver leaned close to them.

"Hey. Hey," When they didn't respond he shouted, "WAKE UP SLEEPING BEAUTIES!" Melody and Grim's eyes shoot open, and in a panic, they fall off the bed.

"Myah?!"

"What the-" Melody stood up with Grim on their shoulder. Jesper and Oliver laugh at them.

"Y-you should have seen your face!" Oliver laughed while he slapped his knee. Melody and Grim got up and glared at him.

"Oliver!" Melody shouted and stomped over to him. Grim hangs on Melody's shoulders while also looking menacing. Oliver blinks realizes the situation he is in and inches to the door.

"Oh sugar honey ice tea!" He took off as Grim and Melody chased him.

"Get him minion!"

"I'm not your minion!"

Jesper laughed as he was left alone in the room, "Aww, youth." He said as he heard glass break.

"Hope you all are hungry!" Susie said as she was done flipping the pancakes on the plate. Grim jumps from the table (which doesn't look stable) to the pancakes.

"GIMME!" Grim shouted but was pulled back by Scott.

"Wait until she serves us!" Scott scolded him. Grim tried to wiggle out of his grip.

"Let go! I want pancakes!" Grim shouted and tried to wiggle out of his hand, which Scott kept a good grip on. Susie just ignores them just like how she ignores Oliver, who was tied up in a chair. She places the plates in front of them and makes a mental note to thank Crowley for not only leaving her food but kitchen staff helping her.

Melody at least fed Oliver his food, though she teased him. She saw that Melody had changed her hair tie to red, meaning she was going to go girl mode today.

"Everyone eat up! We got a big day today!" She called out as they were eating. Everyone eats as they know they have to do their jobs. All but Grim.

"Huh? Why? I ain't cleanin' nothin'! 'm here to study magic so I can be blastin' off spells left and right! Like BAM! POW!" The monster cat waved his paws around as he exclaimed his sound effect.

Scott gives him a deadpan look, "We can just go to the library after, but me and Susie are going shopping." He explained. That catches everyone off guard, except Susie who cringes that Scott said that so carelessly to them.