11. Do you trust her?

Geralt and his adopted daughter Cirilla but everyone calls her Ciri, arrived at Kaer Morhen about a week ago. Outside it was cold and there was a thick layer of snow. But inside there had been a very warm welcome. Vesemir was happy to see both of them again, as where they. It was good to see the other Witchers again too, it was like a family reunion. Everyone had wild stories about what they had endured trough the year. For days there was lots of laughter and drinking and women for the men to enjoy. Even Ciri, the only woman being a real member of the so called "Wolf family", was bragging like anyone else. Everyone participated.

Well everyone but Geralt. He had no need for a woman crawling all over him, like the other men pleased. No, he just sat a table with his beer and a grumpy look on his face. Ciri noticed it and felt the need to go and ask him what was going on. He hadn't talked in days and that is not really weird for him to do so as he wasn't much of a talker. But usually he had his fun now and then. Only this time it was like he didn't care much for it at all.

"Hey grumpy old man." Ciri says and takes a seat next to him. "Ciri." He growls and for a second his face lights up. "Speak up." She says and give him a tap on his shoulder to encourage him. He looks at her and raise an eyebrow. "What is there to say?" He growls. "I don't know, you tell me. Not even you, the grumpiest man I know, can stay like this forever. Look around you, this is your home. You should feel happy but you don't seem like you are." She says. He can hear in her voice that she is worried about him. "Hmm." He growls. "That's all? Does it have anything to do with Yennefer?" She asks carefully. "Do not speak of her!" He yells and it makes everyone become quite, looking at him. He gives them an angry look so they all quickly go back to whatever it was they were doing. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.." Ciri whispers. "Hmm, don't worry about it." He growls. "Can I at least get to see a smile on your face?" She says jokingly. He smirks at her and she smiles back. "Thank you." Ciri kiss him on his cheek. "Goodnight." She leaves to her room to sleep as it was getting pretty late.

Suddenly the door of the main entrance opened slowly. A person dressed in a cloak stumbled inside. The cloak was covered in ice and snow and the person was shaking. Everyone became quite and looked up at the door. Except for Geralt, he had noticed someone walking in but it didn't really get trough to him.
Lambert stood up and walked to the person still standing there, shaking and not saying a word. He pulled the cloak a bit to the side and saw it was a woman. "What are you doing here alone missy?" He asks and while he does that he notices her medaillon. "It can't be! A female Witcher!" He exclaims. Geralt looks up at the door. "It's an intruder!" Berengar yells. "No! Wait!" Geralt says and walks towards her. "Show yourself Y/N." He says calm. The woman takes off her hood and slowly looks up. "Hello again Geralt." She says with a shaky voice.

Vesemir comes walking inside, woken up by his Witcher sense that there was something going on. "What is all the commotion about?" He walks his way to the door and sees the woman surrounded by the three men. "A female Witcher!" Lambert exclaims. "She has to be a fraud!" Berengar yells. "She is not! I fought by her side. She's a Witcher trained at the Cat school." Geralt explains. Vesemir takes a step closer to the girl as the men let him trough. He checks the medaillon amd sees it's indeed a Cat Witcher. "What makes you think you can come in here?" He says with a stern voice. "You must be the grandmaster of this school. You see, I have no place to go. This winter is been very tough. I hoped I was welcome here." She says, still shaking but more steady. "You can stay." Geralt assured her. "You don't make these decisions." Vesemir says and walks away from the door. "Get over here." He says to Geralt and he does as Vesemir asks him to do.

"Do you trust her?" Vesemir asks suspicious. "Yes, I do." Geralt says and sees the worried look on Vesemir's face. "Come on, Vesemir. She has no place to go. You know what happened to the cat school. She's the only survivor." Geralt says. "Fine. She can stay. But you will take her under your wing. I don't want anything to do with it." Vesemir says and walks back followed by Geralt, to the door where Y/N is still waiting. "You can stay. But if you need anything you go to Geralt. You are his problem now." Vesemir says and introduce himself and so does Y/N. She thanks him for welcoming her, then he leaves back to his room to try and sleep again.