a glimpse of a shadow

" Mr Pandya, your sandwich is ready" Shiva woke from his dazed form and looked up at the young waiter . He must have been no older than 19 and seemed worried. The young boy had a frown and Shiva asked him if he was okay.  The boy was concerned. Shiva had dazed into space for 15mins and not responded. His expression was sombre and his eyes seemed hollow and the young waiter was about to call his manager for a doctor when Shiva came back to reality.
When the boy said this, Shiva seemed astounded. What had happened ? He hadn't done that in 17months and 22 days. He knew what triggered it off and that thought scared him.

That moment he ran back to his apartment and looked at the wall. The picture of his family. His mum, a lovely woman she was but it was always her way or the highway. A mothers love was meant to be unconditional yet this was the condition everyone had to live by.  His elder brother who appreciated his hard work and forever said he knew of the sacrifice that he had given for the family but why is it now it felt like sometimes , Gaumbi took advantage of it. Same for Dhara Bhabi who gave him the fortune of having a second mother but constantly reminded him and guilted him of it.  His two brothers who were there to support him but even then that came with an expiry as his lack of education meant he always faced a tag team. A tag team that became a four against one team.
Rishita liked him the least in the family but always had his back.  But now come to think of it , they were similar types of people.  Anger overtook them and honesty spewed out their mouths but her sense of privilege made him feel like an outcast in her family world.
Last of the four team was his Raavi. After years of fighting himself, his mami , her family, mami's niece who became his Raavi. Who knew everything about him, even his soul, now forced him to barricade himself internally. He tried his hardest but it made him realise one thing..in her eyes he was always that gawar, jamil, jaanwar. A lack of education made sure of that. Even in front of his own like Dev or an outsider like Arnav..

Please let me know what you think guys...