clouded Judgements

Two and a half years ago...

Shiva had been unusually quiet. Krish could see a cloud of anger hovering in the air and settling on Shiva's face like dust. Krish was worried. God knows what exploding emotions will erupt in Shiva when he saw Raavi.
Women were hard work but wives, that is a another kettle of fish. He should know. His extremely short marriage to Shweta showed him that. Shweta did want to reconcile but....Krish pushed those thoughts away and focused on Shiva. He had driven the whole way to Pandya Niwas in utter silence.

Current day:

The young man prepared two mugs of hot chocolate and assembled the plate of cookies. He loved nights like these. Just him and her, a hot drink and biscuits. She liked a head massage and babbling about her day whilst he listened and sometimes, made a playful move whilst she reprimanded him with a knowing smile .

Two and a half years ago...

"Nahi Ma. Aisa kuch nahin hai. Mere and Arnav ke beech aisa kuch nahin hai "

"Raavi, patha nahin, same haadsa woh bi, do do baar. Tum akeli lauthi ladki nahin ho Somnath par. Dev se poocho.  Mere bhi social media hai lekin ....forget it. I have to feed my child. Har roz, ek drama " Rishitha huffed off. This Raavi always made sure to create attention around her. Then to behave oblivious. Oh please, who is she kidding.

Shiva ran in with Krish. Raavi was crying her eyes out. Dhara di was stuck in between Ma and her and was not sure to turn left or right. Dev had the same expression through out and Gaumbi seemed stressed. Another storm in Pandya house. Another opportunity at mudslinging and amongst it all, Shiva felt his hand twitch. A twitch he hadn't felt ever.

" Shiva...tu aagaya. Main sach bol rahi hu..main kuch nahin jaanti thi"

" Pata hai Raavi. Lekin yeh kaise hua? Kya tune Arnav se baat ki? Shayad woh..."

"Bas Shiva! Phir se arnav ko blame karna. Har baar Arnav ko blame karna. Bas kar.  Maine kaha na. Arnav aisa nahin hai. Actually problem Arnav nahin , tu hai. TU! Main jaa rahi hu Arnav ke paas. Baar main jaa tu. Ekdum bekar"

Everyone was shocked to say the least. Shiva hadn't even finished his sentence and Raavi gobbled him up. Gaumbi seemed pensive. Maybe Shiva had a point after all. Arnav was potentially bad news and bad influence on Raavi.

Two hours later...

Raavi felt like an idiot . How could she be so so stupid and how could she spew such nonsense to Shiva. The doctor said she was fine. She fainted due to shock and as usual,Shiva saved her. He always saved her. It was like his lifelong aim and she threw his efforts in his face and after all that, he defended her in front of everyone. Whilst she couldn't deny that the hug pictures were true and indeed they looked bad, he defended her and justified it, even when he seemed saddened by it
She was going to apologise . She messed up big time but she knew...shiva will forgive and forget. He always did and had already..90mins ago

One and a half hours ago...

She ran into Arnav. She spoke to him and he seemed shocked
He didnt know how this happened. She was crying and he hugged her. Raavi felt weird..something was off. The lights were dimmed..more than usual and his hands were lingering longer than usual. She felt uncomfortable and his hands begin to roam her back . She tried to push him away...but he held her tighter and tugged.

" Arnav , let me go. This is wrong. What are you doing."

She shoved him and he fell slightly back . He had a glint in his eye and a smirk. He didnt not look like himself.  She begin to fear what was to come and her mind screamed on thing ...SHIVAAAAA.

" Raavi, Raavi , Raavi. I have you exactly where I want you. Everyone in Somnath already sees you as a fallen woman and once I claim you as mine , there is no going back "

Raavi eyes streamed and she searched for an exit. There was none. Arnav was twirling the keys. He began to confess. How he prolonged his hacking investigation originally to get her trust and detach her from Shiva slowly, taking up her time. He created situations and manipulated her into listening to him and ignoring Shiva. He had no hacking agency and laughed at her for thinking she was doing some greater good. He bragged how he was going to have his way and make it look like she wanted it. Raavi was shocked and ashamed. She yelled at Shiva for this....

" Let me out! Let me out! Help!Help!Shiva! Shiva!" She cried out loud as Arnav moved towards her. She closed her eyes and covered herself. She was praying and praying , wanting God not to let arnav touch her when she heard him scream. There stood Shiva..he had an expression. An anger, composed yet blazing. He launched himself forward and.....

90mins later...

Shiva was relieved. He managed to rescue Raavi in time and explained to his mum and everyone what happened. He requested they forget this incident and make Raavi feel at ease. But he was not at ease. His hands were twitching and his face was drenched in sweat. He was at Pandya store, in the backroom.  He looked left and right and he felt faint to say the least. Maybe it was dehydration or stress. But he slowly felt like his eyes were getting strained.  His arms and legs were immobilized and he felt locked into his own body. He was trapped . He couldnt move. He couldnt speak...what was going on...was this a panic attack...

Current day:

He was just finishing the last touchs when Divya walked in .

" we have a problem"
" what is it my ray of sunshine"

She rolled her eyes and had a smile tug at her lips. How did she get so lucky. To the world, he was sharp, stern bordering on mean and heartless but that was his job. He was the sweetest bear to her.

" be serious for once "
" as you wish my aloo ka paratha"

She gave up. He was unstoppable when he was like this.

" as I was saying, we have a problem"
" which is..."
"Shiva....Shiva is the problem. He had a blackout. Mild one but it was there."

He put down the mugs and approached her. Divya seemed concerned and so did he. They had right to be. Shiva was the saviour they never expected that day when he rescued her from a burning car without a care of his own health.
He gently stroked her hair and said

"Let's go. Shiva needs us"