step by step...on the way

A month into Mumbai....

Shiva started to conduct a mental review into his life in Mumbai. He enrolled into the local institute and was really enjoying the course. He was afraid of ridicule as he recalls his last failed attempt when all the students called him uncle but maybe people in Mumbai were open minded. He managed to make a few friends but he did miss company of his own age.  He played a juggling act between Pandya store and studying. Starting the business up from scratch was hard...that is why he is spending 3 months without his family.. without visiting them. He wonders about the difficulties his Papa must have gone through to bring it to the top. He felt bad for bartering with pandya stores future but he knew if his dad was alive, he would understand.  He was a defence shield for Raavi and he couldnt stop that. Not now, not ever.
Raavi...thinking about her hurt him. It hurt his heart , his mind but nope, that is not what he was here for. He was here to make it. Make a spot for himself in this world. Do something that made him proud of himself....

"Excuse me" Shiva looked up. A young woman stood before him. She had wavy hair, which was clipped back. She was wearing gym wear and was panting over his counter. Before she could talk further..Shiva gave her a water bottle from the shop floor.
" Thank you"
" Aapko kuch chaiyye" Shiva asked as he wiped the counter she had nearly collapsed on.
" Ji. Mujhe woh coconut oil shampoo chaiyye tha lekin yaha bahut saare brands hai. Kaunsi achi hai?
Shiva laughed internally. Having a bath was like his Dushman.  One that insisted on shadowing him and winning against him once a week at least . He learnt Mumbai was different. The consumers were smarter. Forever asking questions. Street smarts only work so much. Knowledge was key. It was often used to help the consumer buy sometimes. His english was poor but his course helped improve this but he had long to go.
The lady made an informed purchase and then asked about the scheme Shiva put on the wall...
" yeh kya hai"
" Haa. Yeh covid ke baad humne ek scheme rakha. Jab delivery hoti hai, log aksar charge karte. Lekin hum charge nahin karte. Us paiso ko hum donation rakh kar, apahij logo ko donate karte hai" The woman was shocked..who on earth thought like this.
" kya yeh aap, saab stores main karte hai"
" nahin. Maine yeh scheme khud choose kiya hai"
She was impressed and astounded. She decided to do her bit too. This man had inspired her to do so.
" Kya aap yeh kar sakte? Meri weekly shopping list main aapko de dungi. Kya aap har week deliver kar sakte hai "
"Bilkul" Shiva was proud of himself.  His idea managed to generate revenue .
" aapka naam kya hai"
" divya"...