For Future References

DEREK'S POV

The next morning Meredith and I decide to take a stroll around Central Park. We entwine our hands together as we walk the park.

"I'm so glad we are here." she looks up at me with a big smile on her face.

"Me too," I lean over and kiss her forehead, "Do you want to grab something to eat?" I ask.

"Yes please." she replies.

We walk over to a concession stand. I order our food. I got myself a burger and I got Meredith a hotdog since she has been craving one for weeks now.

The guy hands us our food and we find a table to sit. I pull a chair out with my free hand for her to sit. I push her chair in. I walk over to the chair next to her and sit down.

We unwrap our food and start eating.

We eat in silence, until I notice Meredith staring at me with the corner of my eye.

"Do I got something on my lip?" I take a napkin from the table and wipe my mouth.

She giggles. "No babe."

"What is it?" I ask.

"You're so handsome, you know that?" She runs her fingers through my hair.

"You're not so bad yourself." I wink at her.

"I love you so much." she leans over and kisses me.

"I love you too." I smile.

"How are you guys holding up?" I put my hand on her stomach.

"We are okay." she smiles and puts her hand on top of mine.

"Good."

"I'm really glad we went out today. It gave us a chance to get away from everything and for us to have our alone time." she says.

"Me too Mer, I love being with you." I grab her hand and kiss the top of it.

"You're so sappy." she giggles.

"You love it though." I smile in amusement.

"That, I do." she says.

We finish up eating our food and continue on our walk. We get tired after a while and head back over to Mark's house.

-

We climb into bed after a long day. I roll over to turn of the light and I spoon her. I kiss her head. "Have you made an appointment yet to do the ultrasound?" I ask her.

"When we get back to Seattle, I will." she yawns.

"I can't wait for the baby to get here."

"Honey, we've only known for a day." she laughs.

"Still, I am excited." I grin.

"When do we have to go back home?" she asks.

"We can go back whenever we want," I kiss her shoulder. "Do you want to go home?"

"Honestly? No, but I do know we have to." she sighs.

"Are you saying that you want to stay in New York?" I rub her stomach.

"I don't see why not," she turns over and faces me. "Your whole family lives here, our kid can grow up having them around. Our kid deserves it." she puts her hand on my cheek.

"You really mean that?"

She leans over and plants a soft kiss to my lips. "Yes, I really mean it," she smiles widely. "When we get back to Seattle, we can get everything situated and move out here before the baby arrives."

"That is a great idea," I pull her close to me, her head resting on my chest. "What about your friends?" I ask feeling concerned. "Won't you miss them?"

"I will, but they can come visit us and we can come visit them too. I'm just doing what is best for me and my family right now." she looks up at me.

"So, we're moving to New York?"

"We are moving to New York." she nods her head in agreement.

"Sounds like a plan," I kiss her forehead. "Goodnight gorgeous."

"Goodnight handsome."

We drift off to sleep shortly after.

short chapter i know but,
this chapter was really kicking my ass. that's why i didn't update so soon lol.

writers block is now gone so i'm picking up where i left off.

also, if you haven't heard already i have a new book "Yes, Professor" it's out now if you want to read it.

vote and review 💕