Chapter - 2

Please vote/comment!

Umaiyal POV

Wow, that's a weird dream; I never knew I could dream such a vivid picture. My eyes fluttered open, and a big yawn came out of my mouth; last night was very adventurous.

'Amrutha, Coffee iruka', I asked and waited for Amrutha to give me some, and I stretched out the soreness I was feeling cause of last night's walk. Damn, what a dream it is.

'Amrutha, you won't believe my dream; I dreamt of time travelling and meeting Aditha Karikalan,'  I said, and I opened my eyes to find someone standing before me. Wait a minute, what place is this? And how in the hell am I sleeping in bed? Our tent has no bed.

My sleep left me, and now I could see a woman, dressed strangely or old-fashioned, standing in front with an unreadable expression.

'Who are you?' I tried to keep my voice calm, but before I could ask more questions, she ran away; damn what the hell!

I looked around to see I was in some bedroom. This place looks like something you see in an art exhibition; at that moment, last night's event came rushing towards me like a bunch of guys who spoke old Tamil, and they tried to catch me and that cave, oh my, is that real! No, no, it can't be! I said, "Wake up, Uma, wake up." I slapped myself on the face to wake up from this dream. This has got to be a dream.

'Why are you slapping yourself, Devi? Don't hurt that pretty face of yours,' A voice said, and I opened my eyes to see the same man standing next to that dude who claimed he was Aditha Kariakalan. And again, he is talking in old Tamil. I can understand, but I wonder if I can speak it fluently as I have only done it a few times with my grandma. I gulped and looked at him with an emotion I can't explain.

'May I know who are you?' I asked softly, as I had no clue about what was going on other than the fact that I might have time-travelled. Or this is all a prank, but no one spends this much to prank me.

'I am Vallavaraiyan Vandiyadevan, Vaanar kula Veeran.' As he finished his lengthy introduction, my jaw dropped, and at that moment, I realised that I was in Chola Era, aka Ponniyin Selvan. Is this true? Or my mind is playing with me.

'Great! So Vandiyadevan, where am I?' I asked, hoping he would say it was a prank.

'You are in one of the guest rooms of Kanchi Mani mandapam, which was built by the greatest warrior ever, Aditha Karikalan, as you fainted yesterday because of exhaustion; our Prince ordered doctors to take good care of you. But you have a lot to explain, and we need to go and meet my Prince so you can answer all his questions,' He said with a smile. That didn't help, and I am still trying to understand why and how I reached here.

'I guess we have to go then and meet your prince', I said. Wait, should I take a bath? Did I look horrible? Meh, it's not like I am meeting my boyfriend. You don't have a boyfriend, my mind voice spoke at the exact time. Jeez.

He raised an eyebrow at my willingness or clothing sense, making him question me. He sighed and turned around, asking me to follow him. Wait, I remember something. Where are my bag and my phone? I touched my shorts pocket to find my phone but didn't want to take it out.

'Mr. Vandiyadevan, where is my bag?' I asked, hitting my head as the question sounded stupid.

'ba-g? What is it?' He asked me, as I said, about the bag part in English.

'The one I carried with myself.' And I actioned it to him to make him understand.

'That is with our Prince, as others suspect you are a Spy, so they took that to check for any secret messages. ' His words made my eyes go big; the bag contained my camera, documents, artwork, etc., but they couldn't understand it as they are not in old Tamil, so that's good. I hope they won't tear those as I collected them over the years.