Chapter - 4

Please Vote/Comment

Umaiyal POV

The next day came quickly. When I opened my eyes, I sighed as I was still here. Will I ever leave? Do I want to leave?

I screamed into my silk pillow! God, these people and their tastes are great! I looked around to see I had woken up pretty early. The sun hadn't come yet, so I quickly got ready, as I didn't want Aruvi to help me change again.

Maybe there will be some explanation for this. Perhaps I should try searching for any scripts and clues. I took my bag with me because it contained the reading glasses. I literally can't read without them. Thank God I have them with me.

While searching for a place like a library, I couldn't find it. Even after about 20 minutes, I was still going in circles. Why had this place got to be huge? But before turning into another corner, I got knocked out by some hard surface.

'Ouch!!!' I held my head and looked at my front to see Vandiyadevan standing there and judging me for not seeing where I was going; hell with him. He bends down to meet my eye level with a smile, damn am I that small, or is he very tall?

'Where are you going in such a hurry, Kumari Umaiyal, and that too this early?' He asked me with a smirk.

'I am searching for a library to study as it's good to get some knowledge around here' I said and thought wait I can ask him like he knows this place very well.

'Wait, can you tell me where I can find the library?' I asked, hoping he would point it out.

'Of course, I know! How can a palace be built without a knowledge transfer place? But first, why are you searching for it and that too this early? Truth only'

'Well, you know that I travelled here over time, right? So I want to see how that is possible,' I said in a low voice and used my puppy face, which worked on everyone except my birth mother.

He looked down and said something I couldn't hear but nodded and led the way. I jumped up and down with joy, hoping I would find something. I now realize the importance of Google.

As we reached a scheduled area, he moved the face of a statute, which opened the gate to another room. Wow, it was like a treasure hunt. As we went in, we saw the numerous sculptures and paintings hidden and drawn across the wall.

And a table full of scripts lined up—oh my, how am I going to find what I want in here?

'Be careful, Prince is very serious about these scripts. He wishes to collect stories, songs, poems and many others to develop and treasure the history,' Vandiyadevan said seriously.

'I am not sure what you think you can find here, but I hope you understand that you have been here is the process, and as Grandpa said, that is how it should be.' He smiled.

He and I went through the scripts, and my eyes became teary; damn, I am reading without my glasses. I put my glasses on and sat to read some, but just as I did, Vandiyadevan stopped what he was doing and looked at me oddly. His eyes narrowed, and his head tilted like a German shepherd puppy.

'What you are looking at?' Is there something on my face?

'What is that on your eyes? Why did you wear it like that' He points to my specs, oh yeah he or people here doesn't see anything like this.