𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙄𝙓 ; 𝘼 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙍𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚

"Happy birthday, Amane!"

He grudgingly glanced at the package before sliding another box containing doughnuts, one of his favorite foods, that was delivered to him by Y/n as she grinned. The girl laughed and he returned her grin. "Betcha' didn't expect that!" She snickered.

He opened the box to discover a necklace with a moon motif, which he carefully examined until a knock on the classroom door was heard as Y/n turned around. "You little brats. Why are you still here?" Tsuchigomori groaned as she smiled.

"Sensei! It's Amane's birthday today! Look what I made." She chirped and pointed to the doughnuts she had prepared for Amane as he sighed and caressed her head. "How thoughtful." He says sarcastically.

"I'm a very nice best friend after all." She boasted with a domineering personality until Amane jammed a doughnut in her mouth, causing her to choke slightly as she sneered at her best friend. "Mmph!—"

"You talk so much, Y/n." Amane snorted as she struggled to digest the doughnut, and Amane watched with mirth as Tsuchigomori arched a brow. "What the...you little kids." He says rolling his eyes and hurls a bottle of water at the girl who is choking as she catches it and drinks it.

She suddenly coughed and discreetly gripped Amane's cheeks as he grimaced before doing the same to hers. "You little alien!" She insulted. "You dumb moron!" He responded as Tsuchigomori watched the two engage in a childish altercation before ending it while he sighed.

"You! You aren't even supposed to be here!" Tsuchigomori reprimanded, turning to face Amane after witnessing the girl sticking her tongue out in indignation. "And you, must you be so difficult all the time?"

"See see! I've been such a good best friend all he does is torment me!" She cried false tears as Amane flicked her brow, making her whine even more, "You're such a baby and yet, you're two years higher than me."

┊ ┊ ⋆˚ 

"I like you..." The girl averted her look before pasting a faux grin and laughing as the boy spoke while holding a bouquet of flowers, Y/n watched in wonder and with a hint of contempt. "I'm sorry, I have someone in mind." She says with a white lie as the boy dropped the bouquet and scratched his neck in an almost awkward manner.

"A-Ah. I didn't know, I'm sorry."

He leaves the garden as the girl watches him go. She sighs loudly, looks at the bouquet of flowers on the ground with a dark expression hovering over her face, and then steps on the flowers as she makes her way back to the school building.

Boys.

She would want to brush off every single male who fawned over her, with the exception of her cherished best friend, since they were confessing to her left and right and it was giving her such a headache it was making her grimace so much.

As much as she wanted to let her guard down, she despised the notion that she was the only standard that males were interested in. She couldn't have known that with effort and numerous sob-filled nights, she might achieve perfection.

She hated that she was ideal.

But every triumph required hard labor, and even when she was exhausted, she toiled and never complained. She continued to work while being ill despite the fact that it made her exhausted, burnt out, and unable to continue. The only people who knew how tirelessly she worked were Tsuchigomori and her closest friend, but even they had a soft spot in their hearts for the girl because of how far she had pushed herself.

"Sweetheart?" Y/n looks at the door while her body is miserably splayed out on the hard floor as her mother gently knocks on the door, stunning her mother. She then groans softly and stands up as she opens the door.