𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢. - ethereal

043 | "I'm perfectly capable of walking by myself, thank you very much."

Begrudgingly and furiously, she followed after her mother with her two friends, the agents, and Sweeney in front of them

Begrudgingly and furiously, she followed after her mother with her two friends, the agents, and Sweeney in front of them. After walking for a while, they approached a room. The door opened to reveal a lab, with TJ and Matei inside.

The boy's lips parted when he saw the brunette, "Ella!"

She went to walk toward him, but Imara held her back. Her eyes flashed yellow as she turned to look at the woman. She wanted to shout, scream, and let out all of her anger, but she contained it, waiting impatiently for the woman to let go of her. 

Eventually, Imara did so, letting her greet her friends, guilt clouding her. Immediately, Ella rushed up to Matei, jumping into his arms, breathing out a sigh of relief when she found his scent unchanged - they had gotten there just in time. 

"Hey, hey, you okay?" The boy asked her breathlessly as they pulled away. He noticed the small cut on her cheek, and his thumb moved to brush over it gently, concern written in his eyes. Ella nodded, her hand moving to his wrist, smiling slightly at his concern, "Yeah, I'm fine."

She turned to look at her brother, only to see him and Selina hugging. Once those two pulled away, TJ suddenly noticed who had hurled the three girls into the lab, "Mum?!"

"TJ, Ella, you're coming home with me." She simply stated, her tone calm.

The boy walked forward, "What?" he asked her, his eyebrows furrowed, his heartbeat picking up slightly, "Mum, no."

"You're both safe now," She said, nodding towards the door, "Come on." she repeated almost pleadingly.

Ella opened her mouth to give the woman a piece of her mind, but the boy behind her grabbed her hand. Turning to meet his kind eyes, he spoke up, his tone soft, "Go on, you get out of here, El."

She shook her head, tears brimming in her eyes as she looked back at Imara, "No, we're not going anywhere." she told her. TJ instantly nodded in agreement, grabbing Selina and Jana's hands, showing his mother almost a symbol of loyalty. Ella felt another hand hold her free one, and smiled once she realised it was Jana.

Silently making their decision together, hand in hand, the five turned to face Victoria Sweeney, who wore an amused expression, "Dr. Whitewood... who's next?"

A quiet gasp escaped Ella once she realised who the person in the lab coat was. She couldn't believe it. After everything, she thought she was one of the only people left to who she could give her complete trust, but it seemed she was wrong.

That was when Ella broke out in anger. She turned to her mother, "How could you do this? How could you possibly think this is right?!"

To everyone's surprise, Imara grabbed the serum from Dr. Whitewood's grip and placed the end where the laser would come out against Sweeney's neck. Growls and snarls were immediately heard from the Segolia agents, to which Imara snarled back at them, "Back off!"