𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. - vulnerabilities

INTERROGATION ROOM
LOCATION: CLASSIFIED
DAY 2 (CONTINUED)

-

"I don't know how many more ways I can say it," Ella expressed, "There is no wolfblood uprising!"

Anger was burning through her at this point. She felt that Jones could understand her, but only if they trusted one another. Smith, however, had given her no reason to have faith in him. It was as if he prioritized specifically in twisting her words and annoying her to no end.

She looked at the two, "No revolution. We're not an army, okay? We're just ordinary people who can turn into wolves occasionally. And I'm not their leader."

"So who is?" Smith pressed.

"No one is! This is ridiculous! You're not locking me up, either. I'll go to the wild - you won't find me there." She threatened.

"Well, we know how to find all other wolfbloods, thanks to you."

Ella clenched her jaw, exhaling sharply to control her anger. She looked at the man, "So, you're going to pick a fight with every wolfblood?"

He shook his head, "We don't need to fight them. Do we?" he asked rhetorically.

The brunette squeezed her fists, looking aside, only turning back when the man addressed her again, "We spoke with a good friend of yours, Dr. Whitewood."

"And what did she have to say?"

Jones leaned forward, "She told us all about your abilities, like you did just yesterday. But, she also told us about your vulnerabilities."

Great.

"We know all about dark moons," The blonde woman continued, "About how your wolf is at its weakest. Though, she went into the scientific part of that, so perhaps you could enlighten us?" she requested.

Ella took in a breath before speaking, "Why do you need to know about our vulnerabilities?"

"Because you know ours," Smith informed her from across the table, "And we want to have fair knowledge so we can be equal, don't we, Miss Cipriani?"

The brunette gave him a look, her eyes practically shooting daggers this way. If she wasn't disarmed the moment she walked into the building, her hand would be tempted to hold a handle of one.

She sighed, leaning back in her chair, "Much of our strength comes from the moon. It flows in our blood, making our immune system stronger. But, when the moon isn't visible to us, it weakens us. It's like a switch. Our wolf can be turned on and off under some circumstances."

Jones nodded, clasping her hands together as she looked down at her notes, "And what about your fear of fire?"

Ella sucked in a breath, "It's not a fear, as such. It's more of something embedded in us. Some wild wolfbloods have managed to get over this fear, but it takes someone with a strong heart to do so. Besides, animals have a natural fear of fire."

Jones hummed, adding more to her notes as she spoke. The brunette watched the two carefully, "Are you asking me this because you're scared of what we can do? Because, if that's the case, then there's really no need. We won't turn against you. You don't need to know how to destroy us, or tame us. Our species won't fight."

Smith hummed in amusement, "There have been a couple of cases."

"Oh, yeah? Like what?"

"Alexander Kincaid."