𝐥𝐱𝐢. - rain

061 | "We're the ones that care about you, Jana."

"Jana! Wait!" Ella called after the oblivious girl, who was clutching the golden ring around her neck as she walked deeper into the woods

"Jana! Wait!" Ella called after the oblivious girl, who was clutching the golden ring around her neck as she walked deeper into the woods. Selina huffed as she and her friends desperately scrambled up the hill, "Will you stop and explain, please?"

"Seriously, where are you going?" TJ asked the girl from the back of the group, and finally, Jana replied, rather unhelpfully, "Where it's sending me."

TJ stood still for a moment, looking up at the girl who was further up the hill, "Er, it's a necklace?"

"A torc," Jana corrected, "The Dawnus Torc. It's the answer to all our problems. I can save all wolfbloods."

"So, you think that you're the chosen one?" Matei asked the redhead, still trying to understand everything that was going on. She shrugged, continuing to walk up the hill and moving on to the path, "I don't know, Matei, but it's telling me where to go."

Ella had finally had enough, "Jana, listen to yourself!" She knew all too well that the torc, as special and respected as it was, was nothing more than a myth. Yes, it existed, but the tale behind it was just a story from centuries ago. Jana had no idea where she was going, or what she was getting herself into, and yet, she was choosing to ignore the calls of warning from her friends and continue on.

The redhead spun around, glaring at the girl with yellow eyes, "This could be our answer, Ella."

The brunette breathed out a sigh as she watched the girl walk away from her pack once more, clutching the torc with one hand. The rest of the group eventually caught up with her, all shaking their heads in disbelief, "She's lost it." Selina spoke, her voice filled with dread.

Ella turned to look at the group, "Don't let her get too far. I'll tell Imara."

"I'll come with you." Matei offered. Nodding in reply, the two joined hands as they scrambled back down the hill, while their two friends jogged to catch up with the heedless redhead. After successfully making their way back down the hill with neither of them tripping over, they swiftly made their way down the ladder and back to Segolia's secret area, finding Imara shaking her head down at the desk, her fingers tracing over the lines of an ancient book.

The small brunette huffed in exhaustion before speaking up, "Right, Jana's having some sort of breakdown. TJ and Selina have gone to bring her back, but she's saying that the torc is telling her where to go, and-" it was only then that she noticed Imara's confused expression. She walked towards the woman, looking at her cautiously, "Imara?"

"I'm not sure, but I should have known about this." The woman replied, her voice unusually quiet. Following her gaze, her eyes rested on a small card with two handwritten words, "'Project Genesis?'" Ella recited aloud. She and the boy beside her shared a nervous, yet confused look. If Imara was stressing about this, then it was definitely something that they should be worrying about.