𝐥𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. - faithful

067 | "Just drink your tea, Jeffy."

Ella, TJ and Matei met up with Imara and Jana at the Kafe as darkness flooded the sky

Ella, TJ and Matei met up with Imara and Jana at the Kafe as darkness flooded the sky. Mr Jeffries was also there, sipping a cup of tea as they all discussed what had happened that day. Imara and Jana went to Jeffries early that morning to see if he had any information on Hartington's whereabouts. They discovered he had signed a contract with Hartington about turning his novel into a movie. Ella immediately called out that it was probably fake, but he took it to a lawyer - it was genuine.

He wouldn't make a single penny, no matter who produced the film. Imara, although, managed to find out the address from the contract that was registered to Hartington. Of course, the three of them went there to confront him, but all they found was a large group of wolfbloods (mostly adults) and a face they thought they had seen the last of - Agent Jones.

The blonde woman explained that she had been demoted, and now she was conducting some surveys for the government while those above her made the important decisions. She also claimed that she had never heard of Hartington. They managed to steal a couple of samples of the surveys to show the rest of the pack, and here they were.

Jana's eyes scanned the page over and over, fury building up inside her, "'On a scale of one to ten, how human do you feel?' 'Is there really an army of wolfblood hybrids waiting to attack us?'" she quoted before looking up at the man sitting opposite her, "They've lifted this from some of your Bloodwolf book, you could sue."

"But I can't," The man responded, shrugging helplessly, "They can use it in whatever context they like."

Ella shook her head at the ground. Things were just getting worse and worse by the day. Even the government were turning against them now. Imara picked up the survey, and let out a deep sigh before speaking up, "You need to delete your channel."

TJ stood up, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up a minute. This morning it was all 'act normal, go to school.'"

"That was this morning." Imara told the boy, turning her head to look at him with pleading eyes. Ella could understand her worry. The boy already had a poster created by a wolfblood hate group with his face plastered on it, and things could only get worse. Imara shook her head, "We don't know what we're dealing with here. Microchips, surveys, propaganda. Disparate people, seemingly unconnected."

Matei spoke up from his seat on the barstool, "She's right, TJ." he told the boy, his tone saddened.

The brunette couldn't hold her tongue any longer. She put the survey she was holding back down on the table as she spoke up, "What I don't understand is how Hannah and Hartington are connected. I mean, they're both as stealthy and annoying as hell, but apart from that, what is the connection?"

"There isn't a connection." A new voice piped up. All heads turned to look at the door, only to see Selina and Hannah standing there. They walked further into the room, "What's she doing here?" TJ asked the girl, pointing to Hannah.

"She doesn't hate wolfbloods... it's just me," Selina cleared up, "But, we're friends now, on the account of saving you three as well as me."

Imara shook her head, "Sorry, sorry, why is she here?"

"To let you know she hasn't even heard of Hartington. And this 'Humans' stuff? It's just a coincidence." Selina backfired.

"So, how do you explain this?" Jana asked the girl, lifting up the 'Humans' poster that Ella had unintentionally stolen from Birdie's gym earlier on. Hannah sighed, "People are frightened, defensive."

"Ignorant?" Ella questioned, her arms folded as she raised a single eyebrow.

Hannah rolled her eyes, pressing her lips together before replying, "Yes. Ignorant."

"Well, we need to be careful," The redhead pushed on, "There's a conspiracy against us, even the government now." she continued, gesturing to the pile of surveys on the table in front of her. Jeffries sighed, "Jana, we don't know that for sure."

"Why else would Agent Jones be registered at an address registered to Hartington?"

"Because Hartington is a master of deceit," Jeffries responded, "He's conned the best of us... even me."

Ella didn't even resist the urge to roll her eyes. She leaned over the table a little to push the mug of hot tea towards the man, "Just... just drink your tea, Jeffy." She had to admit though, his words did hold some truth. Sure, it was highly suspicious that Agent Jones was at the same address Hartington was registered to, but that didn't necessarily mean that they were working together. It could just be a coincidence. And Ella held onto that thought for dear life.

Selina turned to the blonde behind the counter with a kind smile, "Would it be too late to get a couple of milkshakes?"

Katrina pressed her lips together to stop herself from sighing, "Any friend of yours is a friend of the Kafe's." She responded kindly, looking at Hannah for a moment before turning to grab some glasses. Hannah smiled in response, the only time any of them had actually seen her smile genuinely at anyone.

The pair of them sat down, and Ella had to shoot TJ and Matei a look to stop them glaring over at Hannah from the counter at which they were sat and stood by. She didn't necessarily like the girl, in fact, she hated her, but she could see that she didn't hate wolfbloods and was doing her best to be kind towards the group.

Ella didn't know what was true and what was untrue at this point, all she knew is that there was a huge threat against wolfbloods out there, scheming and plotting that they knew nothing of. That frightened her more than she would ever admit, but she knew that they had to fight back, and make peace. It was their only chance at living a normal, content life among humans.