𝟥

ʀx

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑼𝑪𝑲𝑬𝑹 𝑪𝑯𝑰𝑳𝑫𝑹𝑬𝑵 and their mother continued to shout for Reed

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑼𝑪𝑲𝑬𝑹 𝑪𝑯𝑰𝑳𝑫𝑹𝑬𝑵 and their mother continued to shout for Reed. Winifred's vision was becoming blurry and her former allies' constant cries made her headache.

"What was that? What just happened?" Andy questioned.

"Andy, I need you to calm down," Caitlin said to her son.

Winifred's powers were taking a toll on her. Winifred had only made small fire balls since first manifesting her mutant ability. She had never constantly made fire balls in a row or create an entire wall of fire.

With the strength she could, Winifred looked over at Clarice. She was in the same state as her. John held Clarice while Marcos held Winifred.

"Hey? You okay?" Marcos asked Winifred.

"Where's my dad?" Lauren asked, approaching John and Clarice. She grew angry when she didn't receive an answer.

"Hey! Where's my dad!?" Lauren shouted.

"We know as much as you do," Marcos answered, looking up at Lauren. Winifred could feel her skin slowly burning up.

"What just happened? Where are we?" Caitlin asked.

"This is our headquarters," John answered.

Marcos winced in pain at the feeling of Winifred's rising temperature. The Struckers continue to attack them with questions and pleads.

"Even if we could get back, it is a very bad idea. I know you wanna help your dad, but that is suicide," John explained to the Struckers, "It's not gonna help him if we all get killed. Right now we need to take care of Winifred and Clarice."

John carried Clarice while Marcos carried Winifred and the two men walk away from the three remaining Struckers. Caitlin, Lauren, and Andy follow them.

"Where are you taking them?" Caitlin asked.

"You gotta help us. Can you take us back to my dad?" Andy asked, referring to Clarice.

"It hurts. I've never gone that far," Clarice mumbled.

"H-help me please," Winifred pleads. Caitlin looked at her daughter's former best friend. She could tell her condition was worse than Clarice's.

"They're in no condition t—" Marcos starts to say and almost instantly, Winifred's body went limp. Marcos takes her and places Winifred on a nearby bench.

"Winnie!" Lauren shouts, approaching her best friend, only to be pushed aside by Marcos.

"Give her some space," Marcos tells Lauren.

Winifred grabbed on to the edge of the bench. The room instantly became hot and fire set on the bench beneath Winifred's hand. Caitlin spots a fire extinguisher, grabs it, and puts out Winifred's fire. Clarice collapses and slips into unconsciousness.