Chapter 1

The first day at school has come. And I prepared myself real quick because I woke up late, and not ecause my alarm didn't go off, it's just because I like sleeping, it's peaceful.

I let my hair fall over my shoulders: it's curly and long so I like it that way. Actually it's the only thing I like about myself. I put on some jeans and a t-shirt and my favorite black Converse.

I'm not the kind of girl that wears high-heels to go to school. Plus, I'm really tall.

I went downstairs, into the kitchen and I found my mom preparing breakfast for the rest of the family.

''Good morning'' she said.

I hummed in response; I'm not really a morning person as I said I like sleeping A LOT. I put my back bag on my shoulder and grabbed an apple out of the fruit basket.

I headed towards the door to leave when my dad called me.

''Hey, if you wait a little, I can drive you to school'' he proposed.

''I'm fine dad, the school is just one block away, plus I'm already late, my alarm didn't go off''

''Have a good day, I love you and be safe'' my mom shouted as I closed the door.

This is going to be a long day especially without Maggie around.

***

I've just received my schedule, I had math for my first period. What a great way to start the day! It's not that I hate math but I don't understand a thing: it's so frustrating.

So I looked around and hoped that I magically appeared in front of the class because I am totally lost. This school is huge.

I let out a small groan as I tried to figure out the map that I've been given so I can find my classes easily, but no luck.

I don't understand the stupid map, now I'm late and lost. Great!

I decided to ask the first person that I will see and it was a group of girls waiting for one of them to pull some books out of her locker. She was wearing high-heels and a really short dress. Where does she think she is? We're in school for goodness sake!

Ignoring her slutty outfit, I came up to her and asked with a small smile:

''Excuse me. Do you know where the classroom of Ms. Baker is? I'm kind of lost''

She just laughed and shut her locker and was about to go but before she left she turned her head to face me and said:

''It's that way'' she pointed to the opposite side of the hallway.

Then added in a not so low voice abling me to hear everthing.

"Who does she think she is? How dare she talk to me freak?''

But it didn't really bother me because in middle school I was called all sorts of things like creep, freak, ugly, stupid, geek... and I'm kind of used to it by now.

I headed where the girl instructed and I found the classroom and I was really late so when I opened the door everyone looked at me. Great! More attention!

''What's your excuse for running late?'' Ms. Baker asked me as soon as I stepped inside.

''I was lost'' I said looking at the ground.

Everybody laughed and I felt my cheeks turn red. What? It was true.

''Well, that was a lame excuse'' Ms. Baker said ''But I don't have the time to argue with you so take a seat and let's resume our lesson''